Hungary v England/Germany v England/England v Italy/England v Hungary Nations League

andykeenan

Just now, villa4europe said:

Grealish and Abraham running in to each other on the edge of our own box during open play 

Says it all about Southgate

I'm not a Southgate fan, but a lack of communication is down to the players themselves. That was schoolboy stuff. 

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

I'm not a Southgate fan, but a lack of communication is down to the players themselves. That was schoolboy stuff. 

More to the point was they shouldn't be there! 

That's 2 of our front 3 on the edge of our box, it's not like it was a set piece or anything either, way too deep

Mount is a great footballer, but he's so ineffectual.  He's got a great first touch, decent vision,  good weight of pass, but he never seems to do anything with it. Nothing comes of what he does. 

Edit: makes decent runs and finds good positions too. It's a bit of an enigma. Kind of the polar opposite of Sterling who doesn't have any clear ability, but finds the net fairly regularly, albeit requiring 20 attempts to do so.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Is this advert about Dominic Calvert-Lewin the cringiest thing in existence?

You can see why footballers get crap. First all the modeling now an advert. You gotta stay focused on your football if you wanna stay at top level, same happened to Rashford, but he did some good so we can't talk about it.

8 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think the point was that they were both on the edge of their own box.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You can see why footballers get crap. First all the modeling now an advert. You gotta stay focused on your football if you wanna stay at top level, same happened to Rashford, but he did some good so we can't talk about it.

Someone should have sent the memo to a certain C. Ronaldo.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Harsh on rashford 

I don't think he's distracted I just think he's not as good as he was out to be which is causing him to struggle and his body is knackered, both happening at the same time as being in a poorly managed man utd set up which makes both of those things worse 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Someone should have sent the memo to a certain C. Ronaldo.

The difference is delivering on the pitch. If off the field activities aren’t impacting your performance then it’s not an issue.

The criticism comes when your performances drop off a cliff at the same time, see a certain Jesse Lingard. 

• Thanks 1

Same old story with England. A a lot of good players but not many of them are the stand out players in their club team. So when you put them all together it’s not going to be a world class team.  A lot of fingers pointing at Southgate but I just don’t think our players are as good as people think.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Confused 1

Â