Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

What a decision to give Cooper a new deal.

They're actually a really difficult team to score past now and their home form is excellent so perfect ingredients to stay up with a more conservative approach.

That home win they dug out v Liverpool changed everything.

• Like 2

Cooper's position should never have been in danger in the first place, did sensational to get them promoted last season with a squad that was barely top half Championship quality, they were bottom of the Championship after eight games when he was appointed.

They were always going to have a difficult start to this season because they signed an whole new squad, we had to sign many upon promotion but Forest took it to an whole new level, maybe they signed too many but that wasn't Cooper's fault, and always a very good chance that once he had time with them their results and performances would improve.

If they'd have sacked him and we appointed him as a replacment for Gerrard I wouldn't have complained, although knowing we got Emery now obviously much prefer that opton.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Cooper's position should never have been in danger in the first place, did sensational to get them promoted last season with a squad that was barely top half Championship quality, they were bottom of the Championship after eight games when he was appointed.

They were always going to have a difficult start to this season because they signed an whole new squad, we had to sign many upon promotion but Forest took it to an whole new level, maybe they signed too many but that wasn't Cooper's fault, and always a very good chance that once he had time with them their results and performances would improve.

If they'd have sacked him and we appointed him as a replacment for Gerrard I wouldn't have complained, although knowing we got Emery now obviously much prefer that opton.

What I've liked is he's changed approach halfway through the season aswell.

Start was just continuing as they did in championship. On front foot and trying to constantly attack teams and getting picked off on the break.

Now he's gone to approach of making sure they keep a clean sheet and try to get goals on the break and it's a good fit with guys like brennan Johnson who will endlessly chase balls over the top.

If I were them I'd be making Dean Henderson's move permanent this month if they can, he's become a massive fan favourite already.

Forest dropping another 20mill on a Brazilian kid. 

After there crazy spend in the summer I didn't imagine they had any more FFP wiggle room. 

Like thought we pretty much max that limit when we got promoted. 

• 2 months later...

If Forest do drop, how badly will the crazy spend last summer affect them? Obviously the parachute payments help I guess but would it mean a complete squad fire sale? Do their fans need to be worried for instance?

20 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

If Forest do drop, how badly will the crazy spend last summer affect them? Obviously the parachute payments help I guess but would it mean a complete squad fire sale? Do their fans need to be worried for instance?

Badly I’d say . Same goes for Bournemouth and Southampton to a lesser degree and then there’s Everton with the new stadium and all that. Then at the other end of the table teams like Chelsea, Liverpool and possibly Spurs missing out on Champions league football or European football altogether will be problematic for those club’s financially . You love to see it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Cooper will probably end up at a club in a better position than Forest before long.

Or maybe England U21 manager after Euros.

A welshman with England ? No chance. Think he could do well with Leicester 

8 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

A welshman with England ? No chance. Think he could do well with Leicester 

He has managed the U17's already.

He's already managed England youth sides and very highly rated for his work with youth players.

Wouldn't be a popular choice at Leicester, as essentially he's a manager if sacked who will be deemed to have failed at their local rivals and also a relegation rival

I can't see that he's officially been sacked as of yet, last time it was strongly rumoured they then announced that he was staying and they hit some form, best thing they could do is probably something like that again, as still very popular amongst their fans so would probably have a galvanizing effect.

24 minutes ago, useless said:

Cooper will probably end up at a club in a better position than Forest before long.

Or maybe England U21 manager after Euros.

Palace looks a good fit and they wanted him the summer they appointed Vieria. 

Â