Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

On 04/10/2022 at 07:46, Demitri_C said:

Media saying they are ready to replace cooper with benitez. You just know what happens next against us

Rafa giving the finger to Purslow after Lingard nutmegs McGinn to make it 1-0 would be typical

i think its a good idea

the problems the club has is not because of cooper its because of the scattergun approach to the transfers and growing pains in the PL when they got promoted nowhere near ready, this stops the media speculating over sacking him

unless of course they sack him...

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Bizarre.  Was on verge of sack on now is getting a contract extension. 

Is this some under the table deal that means he'll get more compensation when sacked if agrees to not take over another club?

According to the media, presumably?

I'm pleased they've kept faith with him.  He's a good manager.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bobzy said:

According to the media, presumably?

I'm pleased they've kept faith with him.  He's a good manager.

Well, yes. Media, bookies, social media.  May have been a load of bollocks, but there is no smoke without fire.

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Great news and refreshing.

The City Ground is going to be rocking on Monday now, could well be Steven's last game.

Great news! Hope can get the 3 points on Monday night! Wouldn't Mind a Lingard Dance infront of Gerrards last game in charge at villa

Edited by messi11
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Disgrace of a fan.

I'm thinking whats best for the future of Aston Villa Football Club! 
Gerrard needs to be gone before we suffer a relegation fight. 

29 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I'm thinking whats best for the future of Aston Villa Football Club! 
Gerrard needs to be gone before we suffer a relegation fight. 

I'm no Gerrard fan, but wouldn't it be better to avoid a relegation fight by... well you know..  winning?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, picicata said:

I'm no Gerrard fan, but wouldn't it be better to avoid a relegation fight by... well you know..  winning?

Lets do the Maths

We haven't won a game this season away. but yeah we could win the game.
The chances of a draw is high. We draw the game we get 1 point. Gerrard stays on. 

Now if I offered you these two choices what option will you take?
Option 1) 1 Point against Forrest but Gerrard stays on
Option 2) 0 Points against Forest but Gerrard gets the sack 

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i think its a good idea

the problems the club has is not because of cooper its because of the scattergun approach to the transfers and growing pains in the PL when they got promoted nowhere near ready, this stops the media speculating over sacking him

unless of course they sack him...

If we finally turn up this season and beat them comfortably and then they lose at Wolves I can't see what other choice they have? Will mean they're losing to pretty much all the probable bottom half teams they need to be getting some wins off to stay up.

Would need a massive second half of the season to stay up given Newcastle had to win about 5 in a row last February to have a comfortable end of season.

Could be something in this new deal stopping him taking over another club this season, rumours Southampton are eyeing him as next head coach given Hasenhuttl probably won't last much longer.

Edited by VillaChris

7 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Lets do the Maths

We haven't won a game this season away. but yeah we could win the game.
The chances of a draw is high. We draw the game we get 1 point. Gerrard stays on. 

Now if I offered you these two choices what option will you take?
Option 1) 1 Point against Forrest but Gerrard stays on
Option 2) 0 Points against Forest but Gerrard gets the sack 

I'd personally sack him even if we only draw.

Would rather a point to keep us sort of in touch with top half for next manager to have a go at than crushing defeat and squad needing five games to get some confidence back.

He has to go if we don't win as I'd love to know what on earth Purslow and co would be thinking if drawing to 10 man Leeds and then Forest heralds any sort of progress from 12 months ago.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If we finally turn up this season and beat them comfortably and then they lose at Wolves I can't see what other choice they have? Will mean they're losing to pretty much all the probable bottom half teams they need to be getting some wins off to stay up.

Would need a massive second half of the season to stay up given Newcastle had to win about 5 in a row last February to have a comfortable end of season.

Could be something in this new deal stopping him taking over another club this season, rumours Southampton are eyeing him as next head coach given Hasenhuttl probably won't last much longer.

But then they're effectively sacking the best manager theyve had in decades because their owner shit the bed and irresponsibly spent a lot of bad money

What they should have done is be sensible give it a good go keep him at all costs and then worst case go down next year with the parachute money and a strong squad

I don't know of there is anyone who is coming in and guaranteeing them safety so for me you don't sack him, he comes along for the ride and should they end up in the abyss it's not his doing, his only mistake was getting them promoted when they weren't ready - which in itself is becoming a problem for the championship

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But then they're effectively sacking the best manager theyve had in decades because their owner shit the bed and irresponsibly spent a lot of bad money

What they should have done is be sensible give it a good go keep him at all costs and then worst case go down next year with the parachute money and a strong squad

I don't know of there is anyone who is coming in and guaranteeing them safety so for me you don't sack him, he comes along for the ride and should they end up in the abyss it's not his doing, his only mistake was getting them promoted when they weren't ready - which in itself is becoming a problem for the championship

Yeah he's a victim of his own success. It was much the same when Fulham went up in 2018, sacked Jokanovic (who perhaps wasn't a prem manager) but had them playing some brilliant stuff when they beat us at Wembley. Then signed half a new team and think he went in the November when they weren't miles adrift. Got Ranieri as replacement which was a disaster and they were relegated by March.

Add in Watford ditching Xisco early last season who was doing alright with results aswell but guess they're a special case.

Danger though is they lose something like 7-8 games straight whereas we never had that sort of run under DS until just before lockdown when I think we were on four defeats when Leicester gubbed us and there was talk Chelsea at home would've been his final game if we'd lost that.

Forest are already on a big losing streak and home defeats to Bournemouth and Fulham isn't a great look if you want to stay up.

Edited by VillaChris

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'd personally sack him even if we only draw.

Would rather a point to keep us sort of in touch with top half for next manager to have a go at than crushing defeat and squad needing five games to get some confidence back.

He has to go if we don't win as I'd love to know what on earth Purslow and co would be thinking if drawing to 10 man Leeds and then Forest heralds any sort of progress from 12 months ago.

I’d personally sack him for walking on the cracks in the pavement

• Haha 3

Â