Local council elections 2022

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Nicho said:

This has already gone to 209 seats up for Labour, -343 for Tories. 

Yes, the tracker on the Guardian is constantly updated. I think that big jump from when Blandy posted it to now is the +14 Labour got in Monmouthshire which has taken a Tory Council to No Overall Control with Labour being the largest Party. Monmouthshire is Tory Farmer central. Thats a huge result

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Amazing how all those left wing media outlets have framed it as not too bad throughout the day. 

She's actually overcompensating for earlier the Tories have only currently lost 344 :D

So what is the cause of the difference between the two biggest news providers in the BBC and Sky and the figures that the Guardian are showing?

What are they reporting differently and why and why is nobody pulling them up on it?

• Like 1

Lutfur Rahman re-elected as mayor of Tower Hamlets. 

That's like Derek Hatton or Joe Anderson being re-elected in Liverpool.

• Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So what is the cause of the difference between the two biggest news providers in the BBC and Sky and the figures that the Guardian are showing?

What are they reporting differently and why and why is nobody pulling them up on it?

I am intrigued too, it’s clearly not an error after all these hours. There’s a reason for it, but who knows what?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Isn't it just that the Guardian is giving priority to the total, whereas BBC and Sky are breaking it down to England, Scotland Wales and NI (and, of course, pushing the England results front and centre)? They still don't quite match up but I assumed that was just as the Beeb are so bloody slow

Edited by Davkaus

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Isn't it just that the Guardian is giving priority to the total, whereas BBC and Sky are breaking it down to England, Scotland Wales and NI (and, of course, pushing the England results front and centre)? They still don't quite match up but I assumed that was just as the Beeb are so bloody slow

Nope, it’s not that. They were wildly wrong this morning with only English results in

30 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The Guardian has a updating counter, the BBC internet posted stats as they stood at 1 pm.  Their main page has the current figures. People are comparing a blog post made 6 hours ago with a current status ticker. The BBC also has the latest results

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

948B9411-8F58-46CB-B514-EAE695D4637D.jpeg

Just now, blandy said:

The Guardian has a updating counter, the BBC internet posted stats as they stood at 1 pm.  Their main page has the current figures. People are comparing a blog post made 6 hours ago with a current status ticker. The BBC also has the latest results

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

948B9411-8F58-46CB-B514-EAE695D4637D.jpeg

The numbers there look right. The gains aren't accurate though, if you click through to each region. I can only imagine there's some poor sod with an abacus updating the counts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Just taking a closer look

Guardian: 

Labour total seats: 2653

Labour gained seats: 224

BBC:

Labour total seats: 2794

Labour gained seats: 136

Steve Martin Idk GIF

Is that from the same number of counts e.g. the second one could be Labour increased their number but the Tories closed the gap a bit?  If that makes sense, I'm so confused :lol:

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The numbers there look right. The gains aren't accurate though, if you click through to each region. I can only imagine there's some poor sod with an abacus updating the counts.

Yeah, someone’s done a copy and paste and not updated one part of a page, at the bbc. A different page looks right.

Won’t lie, I’m venturing into numberwang territory with these contrasting figures. 455 across the UK?

Edit - just read minus 352 for the baby eaters now.

Edit again - now minus 386.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

46 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Won’t lie, I’m venturing into numberwang territory with these contrasting figures. 455 across the UK?

Another one overcompensating for the utterly silly numbers they've been quoting all day

The St Albans result, whilst the council was already a LibDem one, the Tories lost 19 of the 23 seats they had (now only have 4 seats remaining there). That's an absolute shoeing

• Thanks 1

These are remarkably bad results given that that the Tories had already lost a bunch of the marginal councillors at the previous round of local elections. They've now got less than half as many seats as Labour, and the Lib Dems aren't *that* far behind them.

It very much seems the public doesn't find Boris funny any more.