Weekend Football 8/10 April

andykeenan

9 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

What caused 12 minutes of added time at the City Ground?

Twas an injury to small heath keeper

Just seen some of the scores.

Furthering what a couple of the lads were saying in the Gerrard about us being too much of an inconsistent team, and then suggesting we should have got a PL experienced tactician like HasenHuttl in.

That Southampton team are the DEFINITION of Jekyll and Hyde.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Furthering what a couple of the lads were saying in the Gerrard about us being too much of an inconsistent team, and then suggesting we should have got a PL experienced tactician like HasenHuttl in.

That Sounthampton team are the DEFINITION of Jekyll and Hyde.

Same with Potter - overhyped by some on here for reasons that make utterly no sense 

3 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

We are going to lose to spuds 2-0 with no fight to capped off a shit weekend of football im sure

That was my prediction to my son, we’ll give them far too much respect, barely lay a glove in them and Spurs will run out a routine victory.

Just now, Genie said:

That was my prediction to my son, we’ll give them far too much respect, barely lay a glove in them and Spurs will run out a routine victory.

If we don't start well and score a couple before the 35th minute I can't see anything other than a comfortable Spurs win. Even if we do score 2 before the 35th minute I wouldn't necessarily rule out us getting nothing from it either. Holding out hope that this is one of the times we transform into prime Barca out of nowhere

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Same with Potter - overhyped by some on here for reasons that make utterly no sense 

Nah, Potter is a very good manager.

Brighton play most teams off the park but absolutely cannot find the back of the net. If they had good attackers, they’d be knocking on Europe. 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Brighton play most teams off the park but absolutely cannot find the back of the net. If they had good attackers, they’d be knocking on Europe. 

But is that the fault of manager or players? No home goals since Jan. that’s terrible by any metric. Very easy to horde position and doing nothing of real note with it. 

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That Southampton team are the DEFINITION of Jekyll and Hyde.

They spent about 30 million all season and are level with us on goal difference, he is performing a miracle

I never heard of some of them Southampton players when we played them a few weeks ago

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

But is that the fault of manager or players? No home goals since Jan. that’s terrible by any metric. Very easy to horde position and doing nothing of real note with it. 

31 shots and a missed penalty in a 0-0 draw Norwich.  Manager? Probably not. 

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

People say that but isn't Trossard some sort of genius playmaker? And Maupay has 8 in 28, not amazing but roughly similar to some of the teams above them (Antonio at West Ham has same number of league goals and Lacazette has just 4).

Worth noting Brighton have 8 clean sheets, we have 9 so don't think their defensive structure is as good as people say and they're too easy to score against on occasions even if they rarely ship 3-4 goals.

Edit; Does feel odd to criticise him when he's just won at Arsenal though as that's an excellent result in isolation.

Edited by VillaChris

5 hours ago, HongKongVillan said:

We are going to lose to spuds 2-0 with no fight to capped off a shit weekend of football im sure

How about lots of fight but lose 4-0?

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Twelve minutes into Sky's coverage of today's games and I still have no idea which of the 14:00 games they're showing.

I feel like I might soon know the shoe sizes of Klopp and Pep though.

Cancel your subscription.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Twelve minutes into Sky's coverage of today's games and I still have no idea which of the 14:00 games they're showing.

I feel like I might soon know the shoe sizes of Klopp and Pep though.

I imagine they're absolutely furious that they have to show Norwich v Burnley in the middle of their wankfest

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I imagine they're absolutely furious that they have to show Norwich v Burnley in the middle of their wankfest

Have to say I know its a relegation game but the viewing figures are going to be very low for that game 

It's always what Sky do isn't it, always hype up the late Sunday game if it's two of the splitter six featuring and then suddenly mention whichever 2pm game they're showing at about 1.55pm.

Looking forward to Norwich-Burnley actually. What a blow for Burnley travelling down to Norfolk yesterday watching Everton ease to win v Man. United so they're basically in same situation as they were midweek despite winning their six pointer, having to win again to go one point behind Everton.

Think they'll grind out a 0-1 which will make relegation battle very exciting (given we're just about out of it so can watch as neutral for once).

Â