Weekend Football 8/10 April

andykeenan

17 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Was it really offside if it took that long. 

Not sure how or why it took that long TBH, it's clearly offside and should've been obvious quite quickly. I genuinely think they actually forgot the rules that it has to be 2 members of the defending team between the goal line and attacker, and were just looking at the last man

Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 11.12.59 AM.jpg

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Why do Arsenal play like Brazil '82 against us then turn to shit against other teams?

because we have a cowardly manager who is afraid to attack the big teams

Arsenal had only lost two in ten before playing us and had won seven of the other games, and those defeats were to Man City and Liverpool. Annoying that they're collapsing now though and doing the teams around us a favor.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, og1874 said:

Not sure how or why it took that long TBH, it's clearly offside and should've been obvious quite quickly. I genuinely think they actually forgot the rules that it has to be 2 members of the defending team between the goal line and attacker, and were just looking at the last man

Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 11.12.59 AM.jpg

I think the issue was that even though it's clearly offside, they have to prove it with the lines to overrule the decision, and Cucurella's positioning makes it hard to get a good angle to draw the lines on the last defender.

2 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I think the issue was that even though it's clearly offside, they have to prove it with the lines to overrule the decision, and Cucurella's positioning makes it hard to get a good angle to draw the lines on the last defender.

The last defender is the keeper, and he's ahead of the keeper. There needs to be 2 defenders between the player and the goal line. Where Cucurella is doesn't matter based on the fact that Martinelli is the most advanced player on the pitch

Edited by og1874

Â