Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

50 minutes ago, Xela said:

With the amount that Man Utd and Chelsea are spending plus what Liverpool and Man City have spent, means that Villa will never challenge the top clubs in the country. Its a waste of time 

I mean it’ll be impossible to build a revenue base even close to the big lads now that FFP clamps down on everyone trying to go nuts trying to get in. It’s just impossible. It wasn’t that long ago those sums were deemed to be crazy for a season. Now they get you a player.

in a sense, I hope the coming financial collapse brings back football to its roots, but unfortunately clubs will die and it’s going to hurt people that probably need football to cheer them up as their personal finances go to shit really fast.

I guess it will at least bring a reset of sorts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

With the amount that Man Utd and Chelsea are spending plus what Liverpool and Man City have spent, means that Villa will never challenge the top clubs in the country. Its a waste of time 

The only hope is that teams like United seem to be spending it badly. We on other hand can't afford any misses, and should probably sell our players to them for hugely inflated fees (eg: Maguire) and buy better players for less. It's incremental but that seems to be the only way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

The only hope is that teams like United seem to be spending it badly. We on other hand can't afford any misses, and should probably sell our players to them for hugely inflated fees (eg: Maguire) and buy better players for less. It's incremental but that seems to be the only way.

There isn't a way, it's completely impossible.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We needed a lot more just to stand still, started so well this window for us aswell. 

And looking like we won't get much more over the line before deadline either. Still time I suppose, but I feel that the club isn't liking the prices right now.

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

yep, you're both right

in reality if the top 6 were all well run good clubs they'd blow everyone else out of the water, its only the fact that they're not that gives anyone else a sniff

anyone can counter xela's comment with "leicester" but look at what the sky 6 did the year leicester won the league, liverpool were 8th chelsea were 10th, man city had 66 points which is their lowest points tally in the last decade, their 2nd lowest is 78, it was a perfect storm that wont happen again

if west ham get CL this year how much of it is them and how much of it will be chelsea and utd being a mess? i lean towards the latter - and even then lets all celebrate WH getting CL...they'll be 20+ points off city in 1st never laying a glove on them

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We needed a lot more just to stand still, started so well this window for us aswell. 

As you’d expect for a side with successive top 8 finishes. Their poor start to the season is reminiscent of how Arsenal did the previous year. The top 8 will become its own elite pool when said clubs cannot afford to break into the top 6 consistently. The league is greatly unbalanced by the financial powers of certain clubs. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

As you’d expect for a side with successive top 8 finishes. Their poor start to the season is reminiscent of how Arsenal did the previous year. The top 8 will become its own elite pool when said clubs cannot afford to break into the top 6 consistently. The league is greatly unbalanced by the financial powers of certain clubs. 

The free stadium helps... 

2 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Phillips auClair on the Guardian podcast said that Newcastle have spent more in 2022 than any other club have ever spent in one year. 

Which I find hard to believe, can anyone disprove it? 

I dont think thats true. They spent about 80 million in January and 120 million this summer

Real spent 275 million in just the summer window a few seasons back. City also spent about 250 million the season budget Pep paid 50 million for a couple of full backs and a goalkeeper

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Phillips auClair on the Guardian podcast said that Newcastle have spent more in 2022 than any other club have ever spent in one year. 

Which I find hard to believe, can anyone disprove it? 

If you look specifically at the calendar year 2022 maybe. They spent in January and now this summer plus haven't sold much if anything.

Here's a list of the last two seasons in the Prem (not net spend but overall).

Transfer expenditures
2021/22 & 2022/23
-----

CFC 118m + 202m  (320m)

AFC 167m + 132m  (299m)

MU 140m + 143m  (283m)

MC 135m + 122m  (257m)

TH 96m + 120m  (216m)

WHU 70m + 139m  (209m)

NU 131m + 66m  (197m)

AV 130m + 55m  (185m)

LFC 87m + 86m  (173m)

LU 59m + 106m  (165m)

WW 38m + 119m  (157m)

CP 86m + 35m  (121m)

BHA 75m + 37m  (112m)

Saints 43m + 56m  (99m)

Brentford 37m + 51m  (88m)

EFC 40m + 36m  (76m)

LC 68m + 0m  (68m)

• Like 1

harry winks to sampdoria on loan

belotti to roma on a free

cavani to valencia on a free

renan lodi to forest from atletico on loan with a 5m fee

cutrone to como in serie b from wolves, thats a huge flop on the quiet, lost about £20m on him

dubravka to man utd on loan from newcastle!

Found the net spend too, seasons 21/22 and 22/23 combined. Newcastle are on top in the PL, but small difference to Arsenal, Man U and West Ham.

1    Newcastle United    Newcastle United    €266.50m    21    -    16    €-266.50m
2    Arsenal FC    Arsenal FC    €299.46m    32    €55.20m    30    €-244.26m
3    Manchester United    Manchester United    €283.02m    33    €42.20m    26    €-240.82m
4    West Ham United    West Ham United    €256.50m    22    €22.04m    18    €-234.47m
5    Tottenham Hotspur    Tottenham Hotspur    €265.80m    32    €73.37m    31    €-192.43m
6    Nottingham Forest    Nottingham Forest    €164.04m    51    €7.88m    44    €-156.17m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont think thats true. They spent about 80 million in January and 120 million this summer

Real spent 275 million in just the summer window a few seasons back. City also spent about 250 million the season budget Pep paid 50 million for a couple of full backs and a goalkeeper

He specifically said NET spend actually.

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

He specifically said NET spend actually.

So Newcastle have no one of value to sell in other words, they've pushed their deadwood out of the door quietly rather than sold them to Bournemouth and Sheffield Utd for £20m a pop

Â