Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

So Chelsea spent £278m this window, a new record set. Imagine having £100m flops you can just loan back out and then continue to spend at any rate you like with no repercussions. Joke

Chelsea are a stain on the game. It’s outrageous really. How bloated is that squad now?

33 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Chelsea are a stain on the game. It’s outrageous really. How bloated is that squad now?

The thing is, their squad isn't that good.

I don't think there's a lot of match winners in there.

Edited by Mr_Dogg
  • Like 1

Maybe one of the reasons we didn't spend big was because of the crazy money being spent by everyone else. 

Too much competition and inflation. 

Also Forest spent 160 mill +, I thought when we got promoted we spent the absolute limit on spending but they've spent 30 odd mill more and that 160mill isn't even accounting loan fees at a guess. Its very suss. 

3 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Maybe one of the reasons we didn't spend big was because of the crazy money being spent by everyone else. 

Also Forest spent 160 mill +, I thought when we got promoted we spent the absolute limit on spending but they've spent 30 odd mill more and that 160mill isn't even accounting loan fees at a guess. Its very suss. 

That’s another factor. I think we are keeping our cards close for Jan and new manager tbh 

22 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

The thing is, their squad isn't that good.

I don't think there's a lot of match winners in there.

again that squad that played tuesday night vs southampton, the bench was kepa, kovacic, pulisic, chilwell, chuk, vale, ampadu, broja and gilmour

900m and thats their bench? thats insane to me

Arsenal sold - Guendouzi, Leno, Torreira, Bellerin, Mavrapanos, Laca

For a grand total of 20 mill. 

Also loaned out Pepe, Maitland miles, Tavares, Mari, Runarsson, Trusty. 

Alot of money theyve wrote off there. All the money they make wasted. 

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

They gave up on Lukaku when he did that interview last year. Such an unreal waste of money.

It was a stupid signing to start with. He was shite in the PL with Man United only a year or so earlier.

He clearly enjoyed life in Milan but was offered too much to turn down which is never a good motivator.

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

We may have had more constraints on us with FFP due to how much we overspent trying to get out of the Championship, their losses would have been modest in comparison.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

We may have had more constraints on us with FFP due to how much we overspent trying to get out of the Championship, their losses would have been modest in comparison.

It’s averaged out over 3 years isn’t it. Forest may find they can’t really spend much now for a couple of years.

We spent a lot every year we were down and when we came up. 

18 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Didn't think it worked across the leagues that's why Bournemouth got away with it when the got promoted. 

Rumours that Chelsea tried to sign Romeo Lavia, from Southampton, for £50m on deadline day. 

They only paid £12m for him from Man City a few months ago

What on earth is happening in the game at the moment?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Xela said:

Rumours that Chelsea tried to sign Romeo Lavia, from Southampton, for £50m on deadline day. 

They only paid £12m for him from Man City a few months ago

What on earth is happening in the game at the moment?

Just seen this, Chelsea are unbelievable 🤯

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue

Just seen Ross Barkley signed for Nice.

What's going on there, you had Ratcliffe going on about wanting to buy Man. United and now they've altered their transfer strategy from getting in talented young players like Dolberg and Saint Maximn and now they're lumbering themselves with ageing players like Barkley, Aaron Ramsey and Kasper Schmiechel. Dele Alli will probably be playing for them in January.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Marcelo to Olympiakos.

How is Marinakis able to own both clubs? Surely, that's a huge conflict of interest if Forest suddenly need to sell players.

Red Bull own a number of clubs and so do City. We are trying to buy a club in Portugal and Vegas

He for all his faults is the least of the multiple club ownership problems

Â