Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

4 Weeks left of the window and people saying "we are done" please quit the doom and gloom crap..we are far from done..

we have lots to move on and loan out(that will always be late in the window due to clubs last minute dealings and wages etc)  and maybe one or two incoming surprises also who knows?🙊

you? 🤫

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

So everyone's going to play 4 games while the window is still open? That's awful, there's going to be some team's really badly messed about with.

Bit crap isn’t it. Thankfully, I don’t think we’re going to be one of them.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, romavillan said:

So everyone's going to play 4 games while the window is still open? That's awful, there's going to be some team's really badly messed about with.

It's been known for a while - and clubs should plan.

Also - didn't the window SLAM SHUT (sorry, just had Sky Sports on) before the first game a couple of years ago, and loads of clubs moaned, and clubs voted to put it back. 

One thing I never feel sorry for is the clubs. Just fans. Unless they wear blue. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I always believe the window should slam shut before the 1st game, its crazy that it doesn't. But remember the good old days when the transfer window was open 365 days a year and bigger clubs could see a form player and just waltz in and take him. To me its a bit like smoking in restaurants and bars, its hard to believe it used to be allowed. This window is also impact a little more as the season is starting that bit early due to the WC

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pez1974 said:

It's been known for a while - and clubs should plan.

Also - didn't the window SLAM SHUT (sorry, just had Sky Sports on) before the first game a couple of years ago, and loads of clubs moaned, and clubs voted to put it back. 

One thing I never feel sorry for is the clubs. Just fans. Unless they wear blue. 

I think the reason clubs moaned was that they didn't have time to replace players that were sold, but that argument doesn't make sense as it is the same for whatever date the window is going to slam shut

1 hour ago, Nicho said:

seems to be a list to try and get a point across.

No agenda, just thought I’d have a gander at the other teams CM offerings. Granted Almiron is more of a LM/Winger and a few of the CDM offerings but it’s only one or two on each of the teams lists (I think i did say I hadn’t included Barnes). The youngsters were included as I would have included Chuk in our list originally. 

Soucek I thought was more of a CM with Rice the CDM?

Anyways, I think we need a couple more (IMHO), you don’t, it’s all gravy 😃

Just now, burchy said:

No agenda, just thought I’d have a gander at the other teams CM offerings. Granted Almiron is more of a LM/Winger and a few of the CDM offerings but it’s only one or two on each of the teams lists (I think i did say I hadn’t included Barnes). The youngsters were included as I would have included Chuk in our list originally. 

Soucek I thought was more of a CM with Rice the CDM?

Anyways, I think we need a couple more (IMHO), you don’t, it’s all gravy 😃

I don't think we need any more but I would love to see us announce Sangare. The logic of a football fan 😂

• Haha 1

I have a feeling January window will be a bit more active than usual this year because of the WC. Lots of players are focused on game time and being settled in the run up to it. So some players will not be keen on moves until after it. 

While we have a small amount of PL games between window shutting and reopening. We've made 4 signings in Jan this year. Sanson came in during peak Covid and we had 4 come in the season before. We are quite active in that window so if we can get a few more players sold this window we are in good shape

14 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I always believe the window should slam shut before the 1st game, its crazy that it doesn't. But remember the good old days when the transfer window was open 365 days a year and bigger clubs could see a form player and just waltz in and take him. To me its a bit like smoking in restaurants and bars, its hard to believe it used to be allowed. This window is also impact a little more as the season is starting that bit early due to the WC

The problem with that is that leagues across Europe start at different times, would be a bit crap if PSG or Bayern bought your star player and you can't replace him. 

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I have a feeling January window will be a bit more active than usual this year because of the WC. Lots of players are focused on game time and being settled in the run up to it. So some players will not be keen on moves until after it. 

While we have a small amount of PL games between window shutting and reopening. We've made 4 signings in Jan this year. Sanson came in during peak Covid and we had 4 come in the season before. We are quite active in that window so if we can get a few more players sold this window we are in good shape

Depends what your aim is for the season. If your aim is challenging for 10th place then sure but much higher in the league I don’t think we are, we are short for something like 7th place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The problem with that is that leagues across Europe start at different times, would be a bit crap if PSG or Bayern bought your star player and you can't replace him. 

Can it be possible to shut a window for incomings and outgoings, can’t see why not!

15 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

It was March for as long as I remember it pre Premier League and in the early years of that league.

And I wouldn't be against a return to that, TBH. 

A club may think they have done reasonable business and possess decent squad balance up until the end of Aug. But a long term injury to a key player soon changes that. Clubs can be more circumspect; only signing players if really needed if the deadline is pushed out until March.  Rather than the stockpilling that goes on at the minute. 

It would prob mean the end for shouty Jim White and all those clearings in the woods on SSN as well. No bad thing at all. 

I think the fact that teams get to play several games before the window closes is a big plus for Villa this season.

SG used the word "bloated" when he talked about our squad, and it may well be that a number of clubs will be panicked into buying or loaning some of our excess players by experiencing worrying performances and results before September 1st.

If we can shift two or three well paid players off the wage bill in the next four weeks that will conclude a very good transfer window for AV.

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I would shut it for both buy and sell and then European clubs can't buy any players from the clubs that have the window shut

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Brill 

Even Better

Eric Head GIF - Eric Head Explode - Discover & Share GIFs

tbf, and i never thought i would say this, Joelinton has been brilliant since he converted to midfield.

Who would have thought it......

Just now, MaVilla said:

tbf, and i never thought i would say this, Joelinton has been brilliant since he converted to midfield.

Who would have thought it......

He has indeed been an inspired move. 

I was purely laughing at the world class spelling on offer in @burchy's list :D 

• Haha 1