Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just now, MrBlack said:

Look at Guimares 😪.

Any chance of us attracting any of those in that top right section? Any of them even available?

Allan is a surprise, given how absolute turd Everton are at the moment. Bennacer is pretty tasty. 

Just now, His Name Is Death said:

Goes to show how these stats can be misleading. Don't Everton fans regard Allan as complete dogshit?

In fairness, I've only seen him once, but he looked decent. 

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It's from a United blog about De Jong, but it seems like a good reference point when looking for a new CM.

If we are looking for an #8, ideally they should be able to win the ball and move it forward.  McGinn has bang average ball winning, but above average progression.  Luiz has average ball winning and below average progression.  I can't see Ramsey on the chart.

Someone in this thread had mentioned Dahoud from Dortmund, above average ball winning and average progression.

qaexnrKnCBQjwtgE2rOfkBdsIcEk3p3yLIjpWe9vcJAw0pd42RqwzwzOosR_kW4_D9xwMmD04ZTQR52F3DBPsLZpqWnfWpH7QGcQBP94qy11ZwED8VFA77pQSNPGcBMdTb9b5zJoGYIM9LqjwKs

On the horizontal axis, Ramsey should be a bit to the right of de Jong. Yes I realize there's no PL player in this area, but I double checked my calculations with Mcginn and his placing is accurate. So the person who made this just made a mistake somewhere with Ramsey.

I don't know where he would be on the vertical axis. "Successful on-ground ball-winning actions" isn't exactly one singular stat and I don't know which stats he would've included or excluded in his calcluation.

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Allan is a surprise, given how absolute turd Everton are at the moment. Bennacer is pretty tasty. 

I was surprised Allan was so high for both ball winning and progression.

The chart shows that McGinn would be excellent in a double pivot along with someone like Phillips.

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Legit saw a tweet a couple of days ago saying we weren't interested in any more CBs this window?

I'm sure it was Matt Maher that said it too, I would be surprised if we were signing a CB after he said we weren't especially because of the relations between him and the club. I think it's a rubbish link to be honest.

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

Oh and big caveat with this progressive actions per touches stats is that its dependent on the team's play style. If your team is instructed to launching balls straight to a target man up field whenever they can, they're going to score highly in this metric regardless of their actual progressive ability. And players who play for more patient teams who will do a bit of sideways passing in order to try and unlock defenses are going to score badly.

Good Point

25 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It's from a United blog about De Jong, but it seems like a good reference point when looking for a new CM.

If we are looking for an #8, ideally they should be able to win the ball and move it forward.  McGinn has bang average ball winning, but above average progression.  Luiz has average ball winning and below average progression.  I can't see Ramsey on the chart.

Someone in this thread had mentioned Dahoud from Dortmund, above average ball winning and average progression.

qaexnrKnCBQjwtgE2rOfkBdsIcEk3p3yLIjpWe9vcJAw0pd42RqwzwzOosR_kW4_D9xwMmD04ZTQR52F3DBPsLZpqWnfWpH7QGcQBP94qy11ZwED8VFA77pQSNPGcBMdTb9b5zJoGYIM9LqjwKs

Finally some proof that Luiz is painfully overrated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

You must have been pretty good with word count 😂 for me i cant wait to see JJ next season he showed so much quality

🤣 sorry 😅

I think and hope plenty of them will be much better next season and that’s an encouraging thought. There’s enough reason to believe so imo.

At the same time, I still want us to strengthen and if we do it right (mainly reinforce midfield and make it much tougher and better at keeping the ball), it’s going to really help.

Most looking forward to Buendia (start him!) and Coutinho shining but, yeah, JJ is a star and Kamara should be ace. Expect Carlos to really strengthen and lead our defence too.

Martinez should be better, wasn’t quite himself at times but the same can be said for most if not all our players.

If even just one of our strikers shows good and consistent form and becomes really clinical, that’s going to be huge too.

A proper preseason and time to get used to coaching methods and tactics can only be of benefit. It’s time to progress now, a bottom half finish simply won’t be acceptable by anyone so the pressure is on but I think management and players will be going all out to finish as high as possible.

Like SG likes to say, there are no excuses this time around.

Lot of time left in the window yet, I have no idea what moves we are going to make (still got players to offload too). But I just feel more relaxed about things now, probably because of the signings we’ve secured so far but again, expecting better from most.

Edited by Jas10

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Why do they keep dragging out the Joe Gomez link.

we are 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886zlwwp9dky504bx50of

Because we run a tight ship and won’t leak stuff to them. Same rubbish as claiming we are interested in Ryan Kent. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

By who?! Certainly not VT.

A lot of neutrals/non-Villa supporters seem to think he's class for some reason.

And there are, believe it or not, some people here who don't mind him 😅

I think he's a waste of space personally - almost every game.

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Finally some proof that Luiz is painfully overrated.

Not really, he's got decent progression stats despite being largely used as a 6. Granted his ball winning as a 6 is not brilliant, but I think a few of us have been asking for him to be relieved of those duties as they aren't his natural game. 

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Because we run a tight ship and won’t leak stuff to them. Same rubbish as claiming we are interested in Ryan Kent. 

Both have been incessant since Stevie G came in…  isn’t it clear by now, the club isn’t interested, neither are the fans… that bait shouldn’t be working anymore 

Edited by CarryOnVilla