Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Id be raging if we sign dendocker to think he can replace Luiz that would be a catastrophic error by the club 

To be honest I'm a big Luiz fan, but I'm not sure why his stock has risen 10 fold in the last couple of weeks. He's a decent player, but has always struggled for game time, I wouldn't say he is much better than Dendonker.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I would be more relaxed in Luiz leaving had we already lined up a replacement. Usually I would agree in selling a player now is better than a player happy to run down his contract. This has been rumbling on all year so again it seems poor management by the club leaving it so late in the window.

It is difficult to sell a player if no offers come in, can't blame the management on that. Also, as he had only 1 yr left on his contract and it was public that he was 'in discussion' over a new deal and not signing one, it would be crazy for other clubs to not wait until the last day. We are at our most vulnerable today and other clubs know this. 

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

How to destroy a club in 9 months.

Even the recruitment suddenly looks terrible in the context of the Manager with Kamara the only one notable improvement on the team that crumbled last season. Why spend £135m on Sanson, Buendia, Bailey, Ings, Coutinho if they hardly play? Its hardly improved us has it? Our #8 list seems to have only run to option C after Bentancur, Philips and Bissouma - they have given up on that seemingly.

Carlos is a notable improvement on all of our CBs. We can't blame the recruitment for his injury

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

To be honest I'm a big Luiz fan, but I'm not sure why his stock has risen 10 fold in the last couple of weeks. He's a decent player, but has always struggled for game time, I wouldn't say he is much better than Dendonker.

Corners are now goal scoring opportunities 🤣

55 minutes ago, grobs said:

Players aren’t going to pick us when there is a very real threat of relegation 

Trippier picked Jawdees when they were in this position at a time everyone thought they were doomed.

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Have asked a Wolves supporting colleague at work today. Says he’s sh*t. Too defensive, passes back rather than forwards and not even very good at that.

He'll fit right in then. Filled in at CB a lot for Wolves too if I recall correctly. 

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Trippier picked Jawdees when they were in this position at a time everyone thought they were doomed.

True, but in fairness their club had a reason to be happy even in that state. Our whole club is in turmoil 

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He’s also held out from signing a contract to try and force a higher wage, or a reduced fee transfer… as much as I hated the Grealish transfer debacle, at least he’d got a contract which forced an incredibly high fee. Nothing against Dougie at all, but he isn’t a Villa man through and through, if any such thing exists these days

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

Have asked a Wolves supporting colleague at work today. Says he’s sh*t. Too defensive, passes back rather than forwards and not even very good at that.

A defensive midfielder by trade being too defensive? Being asked to be a breaking midfielder, sometimes a weird right sided forward by the tactical genius the Portuguese Dean Saunders, doesn't really suit him.

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

But he's tall and our real sophisticated policy and plan at the minute is "we concede too many goals from set pieces"......"who is over 6ft 2in and available."

10 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

He'll fit in perfectly at Villa.