Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Why? It could be the clearest signal the player has dropped wage demands and/or Watford have altered the deal structure

We don't really know the reason why Villa didn't agree personal terms with him. That Sarr suddenly demanded more money is just an online rumour.

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Sanson is better than Dendoncker. Would not be good.

Dendoncker is much bigger and more physical than Sanson. He is also a defensive midfielder who can play as a CB also. He has also played over 100 premier league games

So there is no evidence to support you assertion Sanson is better than Dendoncker given they perform different roles in the team and one is a vastly experienced Premier League player the other isn't

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, duke313 said:

Or it's all his agent trying to get Villa to offer a better contract.

I doubt that. Transfer window closes later today and Purslow will know definitely whether any of the clubs are actually interested as they would have contacted Villa. Villa don't need to worry about his contract terms today. 

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

We don't really know the reason why Villa didn't agree personal terms with him. That Sarr suddenly demanded more money is just an online rumour.

I know, we don't know exactly why it broke down. But it's clearly nonsense that it was a big Lange v Gerrard power struggle and Gerrard axed it late on. That's the standard idiotic nonsense from the Gerrard is source of all Evil in the Universe brigade which make up 50%+ of VT

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Let’s say that is all true for a moment (who knows) it doesn’t take away from the fact that Gerrard can’t get a tune out of the current players at all.  

That’s not Lange’s fault, that’s Gerrard’s fault.

All this is saying (if true) is they have differences…ok….that’s a major problem but the tweeter is trying to deflect away from Gerrard.  The problem we have with Gerrard is on the pitch.  Yes we are disappointed at lack of quality signings but he can’t get a tune out of the current squad nevermind new players.

Yeah this is the transfer thread. Hence discussing transfers etc.

Dendoncker aside from having the worst name around actually makes some sense. I don't like it and it aint flashy but I can see it being a worthwhile signing.

Imagine the scenes if Stevie G trots out a double pivot of Kamara and Dendoncker with Buendia in front of them and Coutinho/Bailey on the wings behind Watkings 👀

... and we still suck 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Anything11 said:

Yeah this is the transfer thread. Hence discussing transfers etc.

Yeah but the tweeter was trying to deflect blame generally from Gerrard re the Gerrard Out by deflecting it to transfers and blaming Lange.  The tweeter is trying to move the conversation.  Completely agree it’s right for this thread I was just commenting on what the tweeter was writing. 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yeah but the tweeter was trying to deflect blame generally from Gerrard re the Gerrard Out by deflecting it to transfers and blaming Lange.  The tweeter is trying to move the conversation.  Completely agree it’s right for this thread I was just commenting on what the tweeter was writing. 

Yeah my bad I am just in a pissy mood.

• Like 1