Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

But we would have sounded him out before bidding as its the way now. If we have bid blindly then we are led by clowns

He or his agent may have changed their minds, been tapped up by another club or have decided to up their wage demands. It could just possibly be them, rather than our club on this occasion. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Actually can’t believe we have gone pretty much all summer without a first team signing to get excited about. 

it’s great we got off to a ballistic start but it would’ve been nice to have something else to get excited about. 

Two ways of thinking.

Seems weay have missed out on some top targets.

They've been insistent " we won't sign anyone unless it's a clear improvement on what we have " etc 

Then a whole host.of other things have to come together.

There could also be other players we want, who are biding their time and waiting for offers.

I'm wondering if whatever we are doing could be being a bit stubborn in our approach, or better for the greater good. ( You can obviously be stubborn to your own detriment as well )

We just don't know what's going on.

Personally, I feel it's all going to kick off in a day or two.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, birdistheword said:

Quick, let’s give Marseille £60m for Kamara!

People would probably be happy to waste money to prove some ridiculous standard rather do sensible business like getting him in on a free. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I can't remember which player but we were heavily linked to someone in January or last summer that we didn't sign and it was speculated it was all a decoy to allow us bargain with another team. I.e. drop your price or we pull the trigger on this lad (in this case, maybe Bednarek is the decoy)

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Two ways of thinking.

Seems weay have missed out on some top targets.

They've been insistent " we won't sign anyone unless it's a clear improvement on what we have " etc 

Then a whole host.of other things have to come together.

There could also be other players we want, who are biding their time and waiting for offers.

I'm wondering if whatever we are doing could be being a bit stubborn in our approach, or better for the greater good. ( You can obviously be stubborn to your own detriment as well )

We just don't know what's going on.

Personally, I feel it's all going to kick off in a day or two.

It seems pretty clear we are waiting for others to make up their minds at this point.

Like when you’re bidding on Ebay and right before the auction ends you don’t know if you’ll end up with one, two, three items or nothing (or be able to pay for it all)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Feidhlim said:

I can't remember which player but we were heavily linked to someone in January or last summer that we didn't sign and it was speculated it was all a decoy to allow us bargain with another team. I.e. drop your price or we pull the trigger on this lad (in this case, maybe Bednarek is the decoy)

Also remember Tarkowski/ Carlos?

Tarkowski was " nailed on "

• Like 1

The Carlos injury has really been the biggest disappointment of this transfer window. But clubs around us are spending big. Newcastle has dropped £60m on a striker. West Ham are spending a lot, as are Wolves! Then the likes of Forest, Fulham and Bournemouth are trying to survive by dropping big numbers. 

£1.5 billion (already a record for a single window) spent so far and it looks like topping £2 billion by the end of window. 

I’m hoping for some late action. 

2 hours ago, Joshie2000 said:

Thank God we didn't have social media when we sign Paul Mcgrath, injury prone alcoholic that Sir Alex wanted out of United, also Shaun Teale brought from from lower league Bournemouth also played for Weymouth and Stockport. 

There's more that could me mentioned that we're either crocks when we brought them, or got from lower league. 

Now I'm not saying Bendrak is Mcgrath Reincarnated but if we sign him how about giving him a chance before writing him off. 

Or we maybe should stick with can't jump Konsa who the game passes by. 

If he signs I for one will support him. I want every Villa player to do well.

But I don’t rate him and would prefer to give Feeney his shot over this guy. A loan is acceptable but if we pay money for this guy I would seriously question the transfer strategy.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Bit of a false figure that 1.5 billion. It's not that thete are more signings, its just they are going for insane money. No way is that kid who's just gone to Newcastle worth 60 mill.

Chelsea also massively distorting the market 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I seriously hope there's more signings coming. I already think it was pointless to sack Smith for Gerrard and now even more so if we only sign 2 first team players, especially when 1 is injured.

We wouldn't have signed these names if Smith was still here. I think that was part of the reason they wanyed Gerrard, ohh and that Purslow was gagging to get his mate in.