Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

That’s possible. If they make that into a pattern players should learn to stay away from them — I’m sure Zakaria was counting on staying there for a while.

I think Barca had that in mind when they signed Aubameyang too.

I’m certainly sure he was excited to join, didn’t he also reject premier league offers as well?

He would be a handy player to have, can also cover CB.

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Spurs? Na, this is the Swiss midfielder. Highly rated, was linked with many clubs before signing for Juventus (from Borussia Monchengladbach). Would be ideal really… solid midfielder, surprised they want to move him on so quickly.

Oh now I remember, we had a bid of a " saga " on here hoping we would sign him for free etc, or on a low fee.

For one, I won’t be happy if we fail to bring in a quality midfielder - there are plenty out there. If we don’t address midfield, it makes SG look even more stupid…

If we carry on as we are (the tactics are more of a problem than the players though) we are going to continue to suffer…

But, there is every indication that we are going to be busy and trying to do business up to the close of the window. Something to look forward to 😆

Who doesn’t enjoy a deadline day signing? Even though it’s much more sensible to get your signings in early, it’s rarely that easy/straightforward and the “pieces have to fall into place”. I just hope we’re in a stronger position and can be more competitive before it “slams shut!”.

• Like 1

I went through Zakaria's stats back in Jan and was surprised why there was so much fuss about him. There's really nothing special in there. I'm not surprised Juve want to move him on already and his stats with them haven't been good either.

Edit: Actually now that I look closer, he did have one good season in 19/20. He would've been about 22-23 back then too. Performing at that level at that age would've brought major eyeballs on him and made his name known among the fans. But crucially he doesn't seem to have replicated those performance levels since. 

Feels like I'm noticing more and more of these kinds of players where their reputation seems to be lagging significantly behind to where their current ability is actually at.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

That is true - we do seem to have a defensive fragility and Tielemans probably isnt the answer there. But he probably can help going the other way. At the moment unless teams back off us and give us lots of space we find it pretty much impossible to connect. Defence + Kamara to forward 3/4 players. This isnt something McGinn and Ramsey excel at but Tielemans should be much stronger in this area. 

I think our defence would be strengthened by having players in the middle of the pitch 

37 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Weird… why would Juve sell and exchange for inferior players?

I’d be shocked if they wanted either of these guys 😆 Nowhere near their level.

The cheek!

Come on Villa, put a proper offer in!

They arent. The Giallorossi are Roma. They’ve been offered to Mourinho 😂

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

They arent. The Giallorossi are Roma. They’ve been offered to Mourinho 😂

Oh God… 🤦‍♂️
I am ashamed, didn’t bother to read that properly… well aware Giallorossi are Roma… big time 90s Serie A fan n all that…

I hang my head in shame… 😔

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DavidVilla73 said:

Bednerak loan deal close, heard from Southampton supporting mate who has contact in clubs coaching staff.

Come on…. If you going to be an ITK please use the eyeballs emoji 

it’s the only way to make you look legit 👀

Edited by CarryOnVilla

4 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

West Ham got to the Europa League semifinal during that period. It's one of the reason that imaginary table used here before was so silly.

It's also one of the reasons they've played so poorly. Had to play a lot more matches without the depth required to do so. They got tired.