Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

47 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I know you are taking the piss but I would have him for 20m.

He has been signed for a ridiculous fee and asked to do things he can’t do…. 

That isn’t his fault.

Same. Its not his fault Manu overpaid. He is a limited but solid premier league defender. Sadly I am sure ManU has his wages at insanely high amount tho,

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Trying to think of alternatives to just sacking the manager, to improve the side in the short term if we’re not getting rid anytime soon…

If we could sign a “proper captain” to come in and take charge of that midfield… that could work wonders…

a proper leader, inspirational figure who can control possession and help us dominate games… get us passing that ball well and actually looking like a decent side with some semblance of style and strategy…

McGinn needs demoting asap, what a stupid stupid decision. As long as SG is here he’ll continue to start and play him but there is no way he should be captain and he’s simply not cut out for it.

I have no idea who that player could be for us (who to sign), and I don’t believe it’s going to happen anyway but…

any suggestions?

From what I can gather this has been the plan. SG has openly suggested looking for a midfielder and even hinted to the captain being a new signing.

I think we are struggling as we have no one with the mentality needed for the new philosophy and expectations. Everyone is playing scared.

(This is of course ignoring SG and the management and all the bad shit as I don't want to think of it in this thread of dreams and speculation)

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The otavio links seem to be coming back. He does have better stats that sarr

I think he’s probably a good player but I feel a diminutive attacking midfielder is the absolute last thing we need now. 

We need physical central midfielders who are good at passing. 

To be honest, I’m at the point now where I don’t really care. Until we change the entire system and stop playing the fullbacks further forward than our No. 10’s, we’re never going to improve. 

The only two teams that get away with playing so expansively are Man City and Liverpool and even Liverpool are struggling now they’ve lost some key personnel and their midfield isn’t as strong. 

We’re a mess and I can’t see how any new signing changes things under Gerrard. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The otavio links seem to be coming back. He does have better stats that sarr

He played left midfield in a diamond for Porto on the weekend and played most of last season in right midfield. He's not a wide attacker like Sarr he's more a midfielder. He's not very big either. He's an improvement on McGinn/Luiz for one of the 8 roles

Edited by CVByrne

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think he’s probably a good player but I feel a diminutive attacking midfielder is the absolute last thing we need now. 

To be honest, I’m at the point now where I don’t really care. Until we change the entire system and stop playing the fullbacks further forward than our No. 10’s, we’re never going to improve. 

The only two teams that get away with playing so expansively are Man City and Liverpool and even Liverpool are struggling now they’ve lost some key personnel and their midfield isn’t as strong. 

He's a player who is good a pressing the ball and is an 8 so it's added competition for McGinn / JJ / Luiz. He will give us a big improvement in passing so in building from the back and defensively he'd be superior to McGinn

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Well good news is that we now know we have at least 27m in the transfer kitty we can still use on another playrr

Bad news is Gerrard has to get something out of whoever we sign

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Bad news is Gerrard has to get something out of whoever we sign

Unless we sign a manager for £27m...!

(And then he can play Gerrard in midfield; sorted)

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

This all day long. I dont mind otavio as long as this is addressed. We need a big physical cm that would compliment kamara well. As goid as kamara is he is again another small cm. We need a big **** there alongside him.

Also konsa should not be starting. A  tall Cb has to be a major priority to help mings out as he seems to be only  player that can defend a **** corner

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

He's a player who is good a pressing the ball and is an 8 so it's added competition for McGinn / JJ / Luiz. He will give us a big improvement in passing so in building from the back and defensively he'd be superior to McGinn

This sounds like what Sanson was meant to be. 

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This all day long. I dont mind otavio as long as this is addressed. We need a big physical cm that would compliment kamara well. As goid as kamara is he is again another small cm. We need a big **** there alongside him.

Also konsa should not be starting. A  tall Cb has to be a major priority to help mings out as he seems to be only  player that can defend a **** corner

Kamara is not a small centre midfielder. He ia taller than Gerrard who was a powerhouse midfielder himself and a centremeter smaller than Casemiro and Declan Rice

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree with your points but Kamara is 6ft tall. Does that constitute ‘small’ nowadays? 

Damn, I’m 6ft and always considered myself tall 😢😂

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Kamara is 184 cm and not exactly thin either. He would be an average sized CB, as a midfielder he is definitely bigger than average.

24 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I agree with your points but Kamara is 6ft tall. Does that constitute ‘small’ nowadays? 

Damn, I’m 6ft and always considered myself tall 😢😂

Damn is he?? He looks small on the pitch!

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I just feel with the system where the wing backs bomb forward and the midfielders have to cover, you could have prime Vieira in there and he would be horribly exposed.  I'd rather we spent the Sarr money on terminating Gerrard's contract and bringing in a much better manager.  Just stick Luiz and Kamara together and tell them not to move much more than 10 yards away from each other and bring back wingers.

Here here.