Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

On 17/08/2022 at 19:25, duke313 said:

He doesn’t. He thinks because we’ve not signed anyone recently there is no money.

Its likely we have been trying to sign players but have not got some of our first choices, and because we do business quietly, we are none the wiser.

I honestly think Villa are trying to sign Gallagher under the noses of Newcastle.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

only available on loan though and played for Chelsea at the weekend

Selective posting to make a point (as usual?) He played for 5 minutes against Spurs and I minute against Everton.  Both times he came on as a defensive midfield sub for Knee. Happy? Probably not.

26 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Probably but can he defend? You know, tackle, mark, track a run, etc..

From what highlights I've seen, he can throw last ditch tackles, which you really don't want. 

Also, he seems to do it in a way that will have him sent off often with PL refereeing.

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Selective posting to make a point (as usual?) He played for 5 minutes against Spurs and I minute against Everton.  Both times he came on as a defensive midfield sub for Knee. Happy? Probably not.

He is a Chelsea fan who is playing for his boyhood team after spending last 5 seasons or so on loan not to mention Chelsea are one of the best teams in the world

Suppose in that scenario that Archer is probably not happy either

• Like 1