Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Mings and Konsa for the remainder of the season, just like last. Only the one adjustment made now after the injury to Carlos. That’s how we will roll. The pressure really is on Gerrard and the coaches to get this lot playing. 

13 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Rob Holding does not improve us, he's just yet another body at CB. No thanks.

I think he’s probably better than Konsa and Hause. Maybe even Chambers. Think you’d be surprised. If we sign Holding, I imagine we might look to move Konsa on next window if he hasn’t improved (seems to be regressing if anything). 

Chalobah will be leaving Chelsea on loan apparently. Largely played in a back three and Chelsea won't be open to an option to buy, but still and all could be a shout given the circumstances. 

3 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Chalobah will be leaving Chelsea on loan apparently. Largely played in a back three and Chelsea won't be open to an option to buy, but still and all could be a shout given the circumstances. 

Suggested him, I think he’ll be a good fill in for Carlos. He can play DM too which is good for us. My cousin who supports Chelsea says he’s very left footed apparently? 

If we are assuming we don’t get another CM, I’d be curious to see Kamara as the 8 that is the bridge between our defenders and forward players and maybe Chalobah as our DM in some matches.

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

Amazing what can happen at a club that shows some ambition after saying they’ll be aggressive in the market in order to progress - Forest, Newcastle. of course with Forrest it’s going to be a case of waiting to see if it pays off.

Forest are just going what we did years ago. They'll do well to survive IMO. 

Weren't Newcastle meant to be spending a billion quid on the worlds best? 

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think they've bought better players than us, but I agree they'll do well to survive. We were gone without covid.

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

They've decided to only spend sensibly which is a real shame for everyone else in the league.

Edited by Tomaszk

27 minutes ago, Indigo said:

We never play a back 3 and no option to buy = not interested.

• Like 2

I imagine whichever CB we may sign will be a starter - we've got depth, but Carlos was brought in as a starter as Gerrard clearly wanted something else from his centre-back(s).

I dont see us signing a body, so Id be amazed if we signed Rob Holding.

Whats Eric Bailly up to these days? 👀

15 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

I imagine whichever CB we may sign will be a starter - we've got depth, but Carlos was brought in as a starter as Gerrard clearly wanted something else from his centre-back(s).

I dont see us signing a body, so Id be amazed if we signed Rob Holding.

Whats Eric Bailly up to these days? 👀

On the treatment bench?

27 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think they've bought better players than us, but I agree they'll do well to survive. We were gone without covid.

Forest's promotion was very similar to ours - highly dependant on loans and in all fairness, probably didn't expect to get promoted that season, especially considering where we both were with a few months of the season to go. All of a sudden, you are almost in a supermarket sweep scenario of having to buy a new squad. 

Cheikh Niasse is an interesting player - a defensive mid that could play alongside Kamara or alone. Could also play CB if need be in emergency situations.

Only 22 and adds some steel/athleticism in the midfield. 

I'm not saying he should be a priority cause he's a young talent but I think these are cheeky signings we need to buy before they turn into 30-40m players. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

Chelsea usually don’t mind an option to buy, they also like a buy back option and a sell on clause. That’s why they let so many academy players go.

52 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think Forest will beat Everton this weekend, but then they play Spurs and City.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

I think Forest will beat Everton this weekend, but then they play Spurs and City.

Everton v Forest is a great fixture - reminds me of being a kid! Kendall vs Clough. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

They can play two different teams so the team facing Spurs should be nicely rested after having the weekend off against Everton 😃