Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

An ideal signing if we could get just ONE more, would probably be another Kamara esque ( But more physically imposing? ) player.

Let's say a CM / CDM / CB hybrid who is pretty much an 8 rating in all those positions.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

An ideal signing if we could get just ONE more, would probably be another Kamara esque ( But more physically imposing? ) player.

Let's say a CM / CDM / CB hybrid who is pretty much an 8 rating in all those positions.

Agree totally we need to complement the kamara signing, it's vital the midfield is strengthened, sanson cannot get a break he would be that guy imo so guess Gerrard will need to sign another instead.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villan501 said:

Agree totally we need to complement the kamara signing, it's vital the midfield is strengthened, sanson cannot get a break he would be that guy imo so guess Gerrard will need to sign another instead.

Maybe waiting to see whether Bayern pony up the cash for Laimer? Would be an end of the window signing in that case, and I think SG said some players we were after might only be gettable then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Something that crossed my mind more than once, just imagine if we made some different choices in the transfer market over the last 3 years, ie:

Didnt buy:

Traore - 16m

El Ghazi - 8m

Trezeguet - 9m

Jota - 4m

Samatta - 9m

Total - 46m

Did buy:

Raphinha - 16m

Eze - 16m

Bowen - 19m

Total - 51m

Add Buendia to that list, and we would have had some AM/forward four lol.

(before anyone wets their pants, ye i know its hypothetical etc etc and its impossible to be right 100% of the time)

I get what u are saying but we may not be in the Premier League and may not have had the opportunity to buy those players. We needed ElGhazi and Trez to win promotion and particularly so El Ghazi. Then in our first year up, we would not have survived without the goals from Trez. It is not just about getting the right players, we need the right players at the right time for our club

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'm thinking the owners know we are good enough to consolidate our mid table status this season.

I'm not convinced they're going to sanction additional signings if we aren't good enough to challenge for Europe yet and with the renovations starting next season.

They may want to tighten the purse, even with Carlos going down.

Our remaining CBs are good enough and the owners know it.

My gut tells me any moves this window will be outgoing only.

That doesn't make sense, otherwise they wouldn't have spent 26m on a new CB

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

Maybe waiting to see whether Bayern pony up the cash for Laimer? Would be an end of the window signing in that case, and I think SG said some players we were after might only be gettable then.

Is he one of those types of players?

Don't really know about him just seen him mentioned alot lol

We have to try and get in ahead of this. Would be a huge blow to see Guimaraes and Nunes to rivals inside two windows. There's a very few players of this level around we can sign.

Can't believe it's under £60m.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Wolves getting Matheus Nunes for £38m.

Would have been perfect for our midfield and would be a huge upgrade on our existing CM's.

Ross Barkley it is then.

Seems like all the teams we were meant to be trying to catch are spending and improving their teams. 

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We have to try and get in ahead of this. Would be a huge blow to see Guimaraes and Nunes to rivals inside two windows. There's a very few players of this level around we can sign.

Can't believe it's under £60m.

There’s no chance, it has Mendes written all over it 

16 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Seems like all the teams we were meant to be trying to catch are spending and improving their teams. 

It certainly feels that way.

Kamara is class, but their CM options of Neves, Moutinho and, if signed, Nunes will be significantly better than Ramsey, McGinn and Luiz.

Unless we can convince them to sell Neves to us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

You think VT are that stupid? Andersen is a great player and I can’t see Palace letting him go.

Enter the Bentancur and especially the Bertrand Traore :P

42 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I'd love us to get Eze from Palace. Would be an upgrade on Ramsey and massively improve our midfield.

we missed the chance when he left QPR, now he is back in London he will be hard to move from a London club

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Nope 

Oh.

Sure at one point there was either an article written, or we had a conspiracy theory that we also had " quiet " links to Mendes. Lol

Well guess Nunez is the next " project " and he'll go for 60 - 80 mill in a year or two?