Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

19 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Think we need to spend on a CB now. Really sucks this.

We can get by to January with Mings, Chambers, Konsa and Hause. Three of those have been our regular options for last three seasons and Chambers has done very well in his starts.

As disappointing as this Diego injury news is I don't think our season will falter on how badly we do at the back, more limitations in midfield and final third.

Didn't Kamara play CB in one of the friendlies and look really good so that is emergency option aswell.

We certainly won't be selling Mings or Hause now anyway.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Our moves in this window have been shameful compared to other clubs. We've probably had no better a window than f***ing Bournemouth!

Turns out Bournemouth have signed a keeper, centre back, full back, and two midfielders, just like we have. If you think looking at their signings and ours they're on a par then frankly that's madness!

Augustinsson - Fredericks

Olsen - Neto

Kamara - Rothwell

Coutinho - Tavernier

Carlos - Senesi

Edited by RichiBoi11

Given we've picked up Olsen and Augustinsson as cover I imagine it will fall to Lange to source a CB if Gerrard decides we're now short.

One name that's come to mind with those two is Victor Lindelof.

Can't say I've ever rated him much but he's fourth choice there now so will probably be available and can cover RB aswell so think he'll be on our radar perhaps on season loan.

It's a tough market now. Plenty of CBs barely playing for other premier league clubs but they're not better than what we have e.g. Lascelles, Vestegaard etc. C

Chambers has shown so far though sometimes these players can come in and hit ground running. Levi Colwall probably would've been one to look at but Brighton picked him up.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We can get by to January with Mings, Chambers, Konsa and Hause. Three of those have been our regular options for last three seasons and Chambers has done very well in his starts.

As disappointing as this Diego injury news is I don't think our season will falter on how badly we do at the back, more limitations in midfield and final third.

Didn't Kamara play CB in one of the friendlies and look really good so that is emergency option aswell.

We certainly won't be selling Mings or Hause now anyway.

Kamara actually started as a centre back so he can definitely play there, but I wouldn't rule out another centre back coming in anyway. Apparently Gerrard was asked if we'd look to sign a new centre back after Carlos' injury on Saturday and he said that'd depend on how bad it is. A ruptured achilles is about as bad as it gets so I'd say Lange will be out searching now.

Whether or not Hause seals a loan move away will probably be a big indicator of if we're closing on another option too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Our moves in this window have been shameful compared to other clubs. We've probably had no better a window than f***ing Bournemouth!

I was commenting on your implication we can only work on one signing at a time.

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

So now we need a CB as well as a CM.

I don't subscribe to the whole were fine with Mings/Konsa thing.

Did nobody see that pairing towards the end of last season it was pure crap.

Yeah, how many cleans sheets have Villa kept in the last 10-15 games?  I bet it’s not a lot.  

A top level loan until Carlos is back would be sensible.

• Like 1

This idea we can't sign players because the season has started, where did this come from?  Players move all the time right up to deadline day, we might have to pay a little bit extra, but to think clubs are just going to add £20-30m on is ridiculous.

A player we have been linked with in the past few months, Stefan de Vrij has 12 month left on his contract.  Inter would sell for the right price.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Given we've picked up Olsen and Augustinsson as cover I imagine it will fall to Lange to source a CB if Gerrard decides we're now short.

Can't say I've ever rated him much but he's fourth choice there now so will probably be available and can cover RB aswell so think he'll be on our radar perhaps on season loan.

It's a tough market now. Plenty of CBs barely playing for other premier league clubs but they're not better than what we have e.g. Lascelles, Vestegaard etc. C

Chambers has shown so far though sometimes these players can come in and hit ground running. Levi Colwall probably would've been one to look at but Brighton picked him up.

We don't need cover at CB, we need someone to walk into the first team who is better than what we already have.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Kamara actually started as a centre back so he can definitely play there, but I wouldn't rule out another centre back coming in anyway. Apparently Gerrard was asked if we'd look to sign a new centre back after Carlos' injury on Saturday and he said that'd depend on how bad it is. A ruptured achilles is about as bad as it gets so I'd say Lange will be out searching now.

Whether or not Hause seals a loan move away will probably be a big indicator of if we're closing on another option too.

I'd play Kamara at CB v Bolton just to see how he looks on english soil but yeah if that's Gerrard's thinking then a new CB is certainty.

Years loan makes sense and then we sign them permanently next summer while moving a few out.

7 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Turns out Bournemouth have signed a keeper, centre back, full back, and two midfielders, just like we have. If you think looking at their signings and ours they're on a par then frankly that's madness!

Olsen - Neto

Kamara - Rothwell

Coutinho - Tavernier

Carlos - Senesi

Tavernier ran the game at Bournemouth he probably is better than current Coutinho 😞😞

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Good god not Lindelof, a defender weaker in the air than Konsa

2 Swedes worked at Copenhagen with Lange luckily Lindelof didnt. That Nelsson guy we keep getting linked with is more realistic

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Tavernier ran the game at Bournemouth he probably is better than current Coutinho 😞😞

Lucky for us we have Buendia then

Edited by RichiBoi11

Just now, duke313 said:

We don't need cover at CB, we need someone to walk into the first team who is better than what we already have.

Mings-Chambers was statistically good for us last season. Started when we won v Brighton, Southampton and Leeds without conceding.

I really don't believe our season will collapse if we don't get in another CB tbh.

1 minute ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Turns out Bournemotuh have signed a keeper, centre back, full back, and two midfielders, just like we have. If you think looking at their signings and ours they're on a par then frankly that's madness!

Olsen - Neto

Kamara - Rothwell

Coutinho - Tavernier

Carlos - Senesi

Ok then pal, Carlos is now injured for the season pretty much so let's leave him out. Coutinho and Olsen were already here last season and have just had their loans made permanent so I'm not having them included as much as people will tell me I'm wrong on that (I'm not). Augustinsson is a loan and I don't think anyone knows how good he is, Sevilla didn't seem that bothered by him leaving.

Senesi is a very good signing and would have been good enough for us, as would Palhinha who went to Fulham, or Auoar who is on his way to Forest. We have missed out on players who have gone to newly promoted clubs yet still people defend the club, I'm not having it. We're literally doing nothing because we want to move players out, well fat lot of good that's doing us as now Carlos is injured we'll have to keep Hause around who should have been moved on ages ago!

People just turn a blind eye to mistakes made by the club because they're too loyal, we've had a very poor start to the season really against two poor teams who will be battling to stay up, it's obvious we need more quality in this team but now we will spend the rest of the summer trying to bring in a replacement for Carlos. We're on the road to absolutely nowhere.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I'm currently better than Coutinho and I'm 62 with a dodgy knee ..... should I expect a call ?!!!

• Haha 1