Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, sne said:

Scenes when Ross Barkley is presented at HT in front of a furious Everton away section at VP 😬

After his loan spell the season before last I don’t think the reception from the home end would be much better!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

So *again* these pesky little things called *facts* tell a different story.

Per the accounts of each club per year total expenditure on salaries, social security and pension (for the entire club as finding reliable player specific info is difficult) was in millions of pounds for Celtic v rangers: 

2019 - 56.1m v 34 m

2020 - 54.32m v 43m

2021 - 51.7m v 47.69m

So not only did Gerrard spend significantly less on players than Celtic in each year he also spent significant less on salaries. 

What are you going to blame him for next? The Ukraine crisis? Cost of living? 

Im going to blame 2 wins out of 12 !! On SG , is that okay? 👍🏽 ….. meanwhile a non spending Brighton with nowhere near the squad value have a fantastic set up and play exceptionally well for what they have at their disposal… SG should be doing way better a significant improvement is required as those stats are appalling, he gets his chance with me over the next 8 matches.

If he cannot prove himself in those games i want Graham Potter ! instantly pay him what he wants… hes not just a football coach he is an actual genius , i watched a mini piece documentary on him and the stuff he implements throughout the whole club is remarkable 

Edited by RicRic
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

Two G's Gregg states he didn't think we are likely to sign anyone else. Just outgoings mostly on loan.

If this is true were done this season a midfield with both Luiz and mcginn and only an upgrade of kamara instead of hourihane the season we scraped to safety, season is done and dusted.

Mcginn is a joke footballer never mind a captain  Luiz inconsistent.

2002/2023 villa will fail the players we have in midfield that play are rubbish and the manager just as bad.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Carlos, Coutinho, Digne, Kamara are all good signings that could take us to a higher level. Add in Cash, Mings, Martinez and Ramsey then you have very good foundations

We have a good squad. We just don't know if the way Gerrard wants us to play with the midfield covering ultra attacking fullbacks is the right set-up. Especially as Coutinho and Buendia are chance creating players not inside forwards who score goals. 

52 minutes ago, villan501 said:

If this is true were done this season a midfield with both Luiz and mcginn and only an upgrade of kamara instead of hourihane the season we scraped to safety, season is done and dusted.

Mcginn is a joke footballer never mind a captain  Luiz inconsistent.

2002/2023 villa will fail the players we have in midfield that play are rubbish and the manager just as bad.

If Evans said that expect the opposite. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

No more sales would mean we only managed to sell three players? One of which we didn’t initially want to sell.

I remember people speculating about how Villa would raise 100m by selling 10 players this summer (I was hoping too)

Can't believe people honestly thought we would make that from sales. Grealish was an exception to the rule. Generally we make massive losses on players we sell.

4 hours ago, WHY said:

We can buy all the midfielders we want but until we play with a tight 3 in the middle it won’t make any difference. We will still get overrun as we are emptying the middle of the park all the time leaving the DM isolated. Also when we are in possession the centre backs need to be further up the field. They were 20 years too deep against Bournemouth, we need to condense the space. Leaves us open to a ball over the top a bit more but nothing we shouldn’t be able to deal with. 

I agree mate, we emptied the midfield constantly and didn’t push up or impose ourselves enough……mind you I didn’t think we were THAT deep…wow!! 

4 hours ago, wict01 said:

We are in need of a right-footed, left-sided winger IMO. Baffled me that we sold Grealish who would cut inside from the left and allow Targett to overlap, and in the same window signed Buendia and Bailey (not a criticism of them, I think they're both very good signings) who are far more effective/accustomed to playing on the right, along with Traore and Trezeguet who were already here. 

“I need a hero!….” 🎶 

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sne said:

Remember the good ol' days when all we needed was to get Nakamba back from injury and we'd be flying up the table. Good times.

We were so bad against Bournemouth that maybe Nakamba would have been an upgrade!

Id like to see another midfielder to come in and replace McGinn.. but having being given the armband it looks like he is considered an automatic start :(

I've never felt Ings was good enough and Watkins now struggles for service since we stopped playing with out and out wingers.. as a La Liga fan, the De Tomas rumours are exciting, he is a great finisher, good ball control and best of all he can win a tackle better than anyone in our midfield, he can score goals by himself and would do well in our current team with a lot of play going through the middle

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

We have a good squad. We just don't know if the way Gerrard wants us to play with the midfield covering ultra attacking fullbacks is the right set-up. Especially as Coutinho and Buendia are chance creating players not inside forwards who score goals. 

Wouldn’t say we have ultra attacking full backs. Don’t attack anymore than most other teams in the PL. Liverpool, City have ultra attacking full backs. 

1 hour ago, Tricky_Vale said:

Id like to see another midfielder to come in and replace McGinn.. but having being given the armband it looks like he is considered an automatic start :(

I've never felt Ings was good enough and Watkins now struggles for service since we stopped playing with out and out wingers.. as a La Liga fan, the De Tomas rumours are exciting, he is a great finisher, good ball control and best of all he can win a tackle better than anyone in our midfield, he can score goals by himself and would do well in our current team with a lot of play going through the middle

Okay then well lets get De Tomas & De Paul and tell Stevie to get De F**k Out 😂

No im only kidding but not by much however 🤨 im giving him time just like arsenal gave arteta time but not that much not even close, how arteta stayed in that job god only knows but look at him now …………. Still s**t 😂 nah just kidding again

Edited by RicRic