Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Very confident that this news means we’ve got signings coming. 

Personally this will help with FFP, we need to trim the squad, that is for sure, until that happens no one will be coming in. We have too many bit players that won't be getting game time but are taking a wage! 

9 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

We dont need their poxy money, we need to keep our best young players. Gutted. But what can you do?

Apparently Gods will is that you get loaned out by poxy Chelsea for years before everybody forgets you exist. Good thinking.

We are taking the best young players from other clubs e.g. Ewan Simpson from Hearts last week, Ross Wilson from Rangers at start of July and each year we do the same. Its the circle of life and Villa is getting damn good at it. 20m for Chuk and Tim Iroegbunam becoming a 1st teamer and we took him from Baggies in July last year for a nominal fee.

• Like 2

Let's assume that what we've done up until today was balanced. Between signings, sales, and the increase in wages, it feels a reasonable assumption.

Sell Carney for £20m (all positive FFP)
Sell any combination of Nakamba, El Ghazi, Traore, Guilbert, Hause, Steer - we could easily bring in another £20m.

That's a big signing we can make and remain in a very healthy financial position.

27 minutes ago, useless said:

Yunus Musah from Valencia could be another good option, I've only seen him play for US but looked good both as a central midfielder and further forward, so could be a good direct replacement for Chukwuemeka.

Good shout and given Valencia’s financial dire straights should be attainable… 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If Leicester lose Fofana I wonder if they’ll come in for Mings? And if so, I wonder if we’d accept a reasonable fee (circa £30M)?

They're going for Levi Colwill at Chelsea if they lose Fofana... Ironically a very talented youngster who can't get game time at Chelsea

46 minutes ago, Farlz said:

The fact Carney becomes our 3rd biggest sale is equally hilarious and concerning. 

I thought Milner was around £26m? £18m plus Ireland? 

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I’d rather we got sanagare who’d be the cheaper of the two 

I dont know too much about him to be honest. Resson i like gallagher is because he has experience in england something i think would be handy!

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

Mason Mount, Tammy, Hudson O all had good development at Chelsea. They had tactically astute loans followed by opportunities in the 1st 11. Mount is now a first team regular, Tammy became an international and got a big transfer to Roma and I beklieve Hudson O has had injury issues. The path is there at Chelsea

They had 60 players on loan last year, you have mentioned a microcosm against their actual success rate! 

1 minute ago, macandally said:

They had 60 players on loan last year, you have mentioned a microcosm against their actual success rate! 

Only allowed 8 this year! Interested to see how they get round it. Though that rule coupled with the 5 subs probably means a heightened chance for Carney.

Remember the days Hudson Odoi was given a bumper deal, nearly signed for Bayern Munich and then suddenly was out on loan at Palace though.

1 minute ago, macandally said:

I'm not sure Chelsea are interested in Chuk as a player. He's an asset to move round and monetise. 

Chelsea could probably flog him for a profit in Jan! 

• Like 1