Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, Feidhlim said:

Now wait for everyone on VT to name all the successful French midfielders over the years. This will be fun.

Also, Cantona and Kante

Henry, Pires and the rest of the french contingent at Arsenal including the Palace manager

Edited by nick76

28 minutes ago, tinker said:

Any forward is going to miss Grealish his assists figures were unbelievable. As for Ings he's a proven premier League striker, the problem for our forwards is chance creation a severe lack of it.

Hopefully  the summer rest has allowed the coaches to sort this issue out. Us dropping Beundia from starting our last game isn't a great start. 

It's the finishing what's losing us points/games, not the creation. We have Buendia, Coutinho, an others to help Watkin's.

I'm all for giving Ing's a good run of games, if he's lost it, Gerrard has some serious thinking to do in  January.

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's the finishing what's losing us points/games, not the creation. We have Buendia, Coutinho, an others to help Watkin's.

I'm all for giving Ing's a good run of games, if he's lost it, Gerrard has some serious thinking to do in  January.

He hasn’t lost it. It’s in his pocket.

Boss.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

problem is the squad is already full up for the season but also it comes a time and place when the owners will demand some coaching to be done so these players improve. Cant just keep throwing money at a problem when we have allegedly a highly rated coaching team

Ings especially and Watkins didnt become goal shy overnight and we are paying them big money, before Coutinho and Digne joined Ings was our highest paid player

This is exactly right IMO. Neither player is bad; in fact, they played well together in some games. The issue is in selecting the right formation from a range of attacking options, and making sure everyone can do a good job when called on. That requires training, not yet another striker for large money who may or may not come good.

It's also worth stressing that signing another striker would pretty much end Archer's route to the first team.

• Like 1

Just done that poll on Birmingham mail of who to keep and sell and Traore is the player who is comfortably bottom of the list people want to keep (below Sanson, Guilbert, Luiz and Hause) 

Is this a recency bias thing or has he stated he wants a new challenge? What am I missing, why do so many want him sold?

39 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It’s the midfield that loses us games imo. We were 7th highest goal scorers last season, we threw away too many leads. 3 of which were by 2 goals, we finish 8th if we win those games. Teams like West Ham aren’t great but they know how to roll their sleeves up and win dirty if needed. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Just done that poll on Birmingham mail of who to keep and sell and Traore is the player who is comfortably bottom of the list people want to keep (below Sanson, Guilbert, Luiz and Hause) 

Is this a recency bias thing or has he stated he wants a new challenge? What am I missing, why do so many want him sold?

He’s not very good, probably why.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skarroki said:

We largely don't play with wide players, and he's well down the pecking order.

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Because he is injured a lot and, when he is fit, he is lightweight and inconsistent offensively. We have seen a few moments of brilliance but that is not going to get us where we need to get to.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Because he is injured a lot and, when he is fit, he is lightweight and inconsistent offensively. We have seen a few moments of brilliance but that is not going to get us where we need to get to.

Agreed, for me he’s a wasted place in the squad, brilliant in flashes but he’s so inconsistent. He’d be good in a team that can cover his half arsedness but for us he’s as much a liability when he plays as he is an opposition threat. For me his place would be better suited to an up and coming young player like Cherki (yes, I really want us to sign Cherki 😁)

I have to admit he’s amusing in the winter months though when he wears about 20 snoods in the training pics. 

Not sure we’d be able to shift him on though even if we wanted to. 

22 minutes ago, WHY said:

It’s the midfield that loses us games imo. We were 7th highest goal scorers last season, we threw away too many leads. 3 of which were by 2 goals, we finish 8th if we win those games. Teams like West Ham aren’t great but they know how to roll their sleeves up and win dirty if needed

That's another issue we need to get better at, being a bit dirty, we are too nice. Hopefully Carlos will bring a bit of steel.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

That's another issue we need to get better at, being a bit dirty, we are too nice. Hopefully Carlos will bring a bit of steel.

I agree, but I've had friends who support other Premier League teams here in the States telling me we're dirty since Gerrard took over.

1 minute ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I agree, but I've had friends who support other Premier League teams here in the States telling me we're dirty since Gerrard took over.

Don’t think we’re dirty we just don’t roll over easy.

31 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I love Traore, but if we are honest, he's probably our least necessary player.

• Like 3

Just now, PerryBarrPet said:

Don’t think we’re dirty we just don’t roll over easy.

I have friends who support Arsenal who believe half our team should be in prison for what we did to their darling Bukayo 😂

4 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

yep we are one of the most hated teams in the league for our dirty play, some of our players would be more hated if at top 6