Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Can see Hause, Sanson and El Ghazi being sent out on loan or possibly sold by the end of the window.

Hause is injured he probably stick around until January

El Ghazi we **** up sending to Everton, killed all the value he increased the previous season

8 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

If Wesley can find a new club then so can all of those previously mentioned.

A loan to the Spanish 2nd tier that I imagine we are paying over 50% of the wages

Edited by Zatman

13 hours ago, RicRic said:

Definitely not top 8 if you dont want to invest in another top level CM 

I would love another top quality CM - and I would love to think we could get £25m for Luiz, £10m for Sanson and/or £40m for McGinn to fund it (numbers drawn at random from VT!) and ensure the club is financially sound. But getting the right player in and the right players out, for the right prices, is very very difficult. And we shouldn't take the Tony Xia approach to transfers and risk the future of the club.

My point is that I don't think we need to sign one now to make good progress.
I think that in Iroegbunam we have an absolute gem who might just be this season's Jacob Ramsey, and if we can get 20 starts out of him, he will progress massively and give us enough to progress as a club. There will be games this season where we can rotate the CM position and get results, because constantly playing only our first choice 11 is a issue we've had since O'Neill days, and it has cost us regularly.
For example, I worry that McGinn is constantly knackered. I think that he has hit his ceiling, and that he won' be a starter in a years time - but perhaps if we (and Scotland) don't flog him relentlessly, he can be at his best for 30 games a season and therefore the player we'd all love him to be. 

• Like 1

In a spectacular display of journalism the Daily Mirror are suggesting that we should be looking to sign Ross Barkley on loan again.

Someone is getting payed to write stuff like that.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We are slowly getting there, however it depends on how quickly we want to get there.

Obviously don't want to overhype before proper football.

However in EMI 1 we have a near top/world class keeper, in Kamara a potentially top/world class CM, in Carlos the same.

That's the start of a very good spine, as noted, one more CM of the EMI, Kamara, Carlos, Coutinho calibre and I think it transforms our play.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We.be got to find the right balance of having top players to compete at the highest level, whilst not stifling the development of our own potentially worst class talent.

Completed it:

spacer.png

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, est1874 said:

So are we done then? Or do people think we'll do late business?

Would seem to go against the grain of Gerrard's approach for players to come in late summer with little time to bed before the season starts.

FWIW I think unless one of our major targets becomes available for a reasonable price, I think we're likely done.

I think there is still some business to be done. We have done well, with our early signings and they will have had the opportunity to "bed in" before the season begins. We were never really going to be able to do all of the deals that we wanted to do straight away and I suspect clubs may initially be reluctant to let our targets go, and there will need to be some hard negotiations done on fees/contracts. 

If Dwight McNeill really is available for a cut price £15m, I would like us to be among the interested clubs. He's the right age and would offer us options, that we may well lack after our own outgoings are complete. In the same way, if Wolves need money badly and can't get £50m for Neves, we could make them an offer for him now, which given other clubs appear to be playing the "waiting game" might tempt them to sell (although I accept, this is very much a long shot and the player may have already been "tapped up"). 

I'm expecting another two to arrive and to see quite a few outgoings (if we can squeeze a reasonable price out of clubs for them). I think we may well be tempted to keep Douglas for this season, rather than to sell him to someone for "chump change" and to do the same with Carney, rather than sell him for a derisory fee to the likes of Citeh, Liverscouse or the Geordie Sheiks. Who knows, one or both might even sign another contract mid season?   

2 minutes ago, sne said:

In a spectacular display of journalism the Daily Mirror are suggesting that we should be looking to sign Ross Barkley on loan again.

the Scouse connection and I am sure he was labelled the Everton Gerrard when coming through

Oh its on

• Haha 1

Traore is the most magical player ive ever seen in a villa shirt yet the most annoying and want him to be sold … it sounds ridiculous but ive seen Traore before i can blink an eye cruise through 3 players like they were never there and thinking HOW!! … some of the stuff he does makes no sense AND the other side which is the 90% of the time he is non existent and lacks to keep up with the pace of the game.

Also are we not accepting the fact that Iroegunam is the backup to Kamara now, not seeing this mentioned i think people ate forgetting he is a much more composed unit then nakamba (albeit he may not run around like him) but a much more trustworthy member. Im now happy with the striking options due to Cameron ‘wizard’ Archer he has earned and deserved a spot to even start next season , he has taken every opportunity he has been given , i was screaming for a top class striker but i want that chance to be given to Cameron.

May sound harsh to some, but we need a Rodrigo De Paul type CM to come in and replace Mcginn we need to be able to go to war with all the top teams and not feel inferior before we have even kicked off, i want that to finally change now 👏🏽

Surely Kesler has done enough to be back up to Cash now 👀

Emi

Cash/Kesler    Carlos     Mings      Digne

Kamara/Iroegunam

De Paul 😬 /Mcginn    Ramsey

Buendia/Bailey     Coutinho

Ings/watkins/Archer

Edited by RicRic

1 minute ago, sne said:

Chelsea are doing the suggesting, you really have to admire their cheek (not the Ruben Loftus- variety);)

37 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

I would love another top quality CM - and I would love to think we could get £25m for Luiz, £10m for Sanson and/or £40m for McGinn to fund it (numbers drawn at random from VT!) and ensure the club is financially sound. But getting the right player in and the right players out, for the right prices, is very very difficult. And we shouldn't take the Tony Xia approach to transfers and risk the future of the club.

My point is that I don't think we need to sign one now to make good progress.
I think that in Iroegbunam we have an absolute gem who might just be this season's Jacob Ramsey, and if we can get 20 starts out of him, he will progress massively and give us enough to progress as a club. There will be games this season where we can rotate the CM position and get results, because constantly playing only our first choice 11 is a issue we've had since O'Neill days, and it has cost us regularly.
For example, I worry that McGinn is constantly knackered. I think that he has hit his ceiling, and that he won' be a starter in a years time - but perhaps if we (and Scotland) don't flog him relentlessly, he can be at his best for 30 games a season and therefore the player we'd all love him to be. 

Yes in Tim we have another rise of a star like Ramsey and I certainly am happy to trust him to play and i dont feel we have enough quality in those CM positions i feel that we need a monster to sign and make us say wow 🤩 then we would be creating a beautiful spine that we can look on the teamsheet and feel confident in every game. 

Luiz will be sold before the end of it but ideally we dont want to wait till last minute to make that move.

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

There's a lot of work to be done in trimming the squad down to remove the 'bloat' that SG has mentioned. 

Steer, Hause, AEG, Fred, JPB, Davis have to be on that list. Mixture of sales and loans. Going to be challenging to get good deals for some of them

Hause, Guilbert, AEG, Davis, Carney all need to be sold or maybe Loaned in case of Hause.

Archer, Ramsey, Irogebunam, JPB, KKH most need to go on loan.

Then Sanson or Traore leaving of we have replacements lined up. A new 8 of Sanson goes and another forward if Traore goes.