Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, John said:

I mentioned him as someone we could have considered when Arsenal were reported to be interested, but were unwilling to pay the money his club wanted. His "Elphick like" height was mentioned then. Apparently Newton Heath didn't see the money or his height as a problem. I hope they will be proved wrong now.  

Height is needed as a centre back in our league. You have to be 6 foot to be able to get on this ride.

• Like 1

Someone asked my son (who lives in North London),  if he was disappointed, with our lack of transfer activity. He asked them, if they had perhaps not noticed the early signings that we had made (they hadn't) and told them he expected that we would sign another couple of quality players, nearer the end of the transfer window. That would do for us both and I suspect for more than a few VT's.🤞

• Like 2

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Height is needed as a centre back in our league. You have to be 6 foot to be able to get on this ride.

Yes, that was the general opinion back then and it's one that I agreed with. It will be interesting to see what happens though. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I'd be very disappointed if we go into this season with the same midfield with the exception of Kamara.

I'd imagine we will make one more signing in midfield with Carney and Sanson leaving

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'd imagine we will make one more signing in midfield with Carney and Sanson leaving

If Carney and Sanson leave I’d like to see two CMs come in, a starter and a back up CM/CDM

I don’t think we’d get played through the middle in games if we could field a midfield three of Sangare Thuram and Kamara 🤪

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

If Carney and Sanson leave I’d like to see two CMs come in, a starter and a back up CM/CDM

I don’t think we’d get played through the middle in games if we could field a midfield three of Sangare Thuram and Kamara 🤪

Why would we need a "back up" CM. We'll have 6 players for midfield and players like Buendia and Coutinho who can play in there too. 

• Like 1

What I love about the pages upon pages of Tammy vs Ollie debate in this thread is that there's no indication Tammy even wants to leave Roma. It's like two guys fighting over a girl who married a different man two months ago.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

What I love about the pages upon pages of Tammy vs Ollie debate in this thread is that there's no indication Tammy even wants to leave Roma. It's like two guys fighting over a girl who married a different man two months ago.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886j7037778ewl4bn02ro

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

I can't understand some fans almost negativity towards our window. "I'd be disappointed if we didn't sign a new midfielder, striker" etc. Even if we don't sign anyone else, we've had an absolutely spectacular window.

CL quality, proven centre back.

French International DM - widely acknowledged as one of the premier talents in Europe. Madrid just paid 80 million for a player on a similar trajectory.

Philipe effin Coutinho on a permanent.

Augustinsson - Backup fullback / international

What's negative about looking to improve the squad further? 

1 hour ago, John said:

Yes, that was the general opinion back then and it's one that I agreed with. It will be interesting to see what happens though. 

He must be awesome for someone to pay that price etc at his height....

There is no way he won't get out muscled and out jumped though, that is just basic science

• Like 1

I’m happy with the squad dependent on who leaves and what happens with Chuk.

Pretty sure the idea would have been to ramp up game time for Chuk (along, hopefully with Archer and Iroegbanum) so if we can find a way to resolve that situation then I don’t think we need to sign anyone else. If we don’t resolve with him then maybe we need a replacement.