Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

28 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. My point was that the standard across the Italian league is weaker than the PL, and performances in that league dont necessarily translate well over here. For example, Tammy wasn't doing anything special here but is one of the best strikers in Italy. Same with Lukaku...struggled at Man Utd and Chelsea but was deadly for Inter. 

Without tammy we wouldnt have got promoted. We owe him a massive amount of gratitude 

Tammy was frozen out at chelsea for whatever reason. They persisted with the hopeless werner and then signed lukaku who is worse than tammy.

Tammy would do well in england i predict.  Here he would be brilliant with the likes of countinho and buendia creativity 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Makes me laugh how some people on here think Ollie isn't good enough to take us to the next level, but Tammy is. 

Everyone has their favourites. I always felt Tammy was good, and too good for the championship, but had his weaknesses. Nothing has changed in a season, apart from confidence levels.

Sentimentality, in regards to Tammy, and anxiousness in regards to Ollie cloud people's judgement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Without tammy we wouldnt have got promoted. We owe him a massive amount of gratitude 

Tammy was frozen out at chelsea for whatever reason. They persisted with the hopeless werner and then signed lukaku who is worse than tammy.

Tammy would do well in england i predict.  Here he would be brilliant with the likes of countinho and buendia creativity 

This is a shocking statement. You can’t just lie. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Yes and Watkins got 14 goals two seasons back. The gulf in quality of the two teams tells you all you need to know about those respective achievements. 

How many did he get last year? He was nowhere good enough last season. If he doesnt want to be called out he needs to find the form of the first season.

Last year was a very poor season for watkins. Tammys all round game play is better in my opinion

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Tammy was brilliant last season, in an unbalanced side which overachieved with Mourinho he was key. Pellegrini a surprise standout too. 

I don't think we'll be signing him, he's had success in europe and I think he'll do well to stay in Rome and see if the new owners can give Mourinho what he wants. If they can then he'll get more goals this year. Until we're in European competition then I don't think we'll be on his radar again.

Where are you in Italy?

Indeed.  You also need to factor in the number of goals that Roma scored because of Tammy - i.e. those where he didn't necessarily score or get an assist but where his presence gave other people space to score.  He was an absolute handful for defences.  I think Tammy will do even better this year - the players know his strengths better, he seems settled, Mourinho looks like he is getting the team more on his wavelength, etc.  I think Mourinho's also made a couple of good signings already and a couple of the younger players look like good prospects (sound familiar?) - one of my Inter supporting Italian friends thinks that Roma might be the surprise package this season.  I'm not sure about that but am hoping for a bit more consistency.

I am down in Puglia - pretty much midway between Brindisi and Taranto.  Unfortunately mainly surrounded by Inter and Juve fans!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, allani said:

Indeed.  You also need to factor in the number of goals that Roma scored because of Tammy - i.e. those where he didn't necessarily score or get an assist but where his presence gave other people space to score.  He was an absolute handful for defences.  I think Tammy will do even better this year - the players know his strengths better, he seems settled, Mourinho looks like he is getting the team more on his wavelength, etc.  I think Mourinho's also made a couple of good signings already and a couple of the younger players look like good prospects (sound familiar?) - one of my Inter supporting Italian friends thinks that Roma might be the surprise package this season.  I'm not sure about that but am hoping for a bit more consistency.

I am down in Puglia - pretty much midway between Brindisi and Taranto.  Unfortunately mainly surrounded by Inter and Juve fans!

Puglia is awesome, wanted to move to Lecce a while back but then family happened up here. 

Yeah it wasn't just the goals Tammy got, not even just about how he creates and makes space, the thing most Roma fans love about him is just his attitude. He's always at 100%, always chasing lost causes, pressing, he's a massive figure int he dressing room and on the pitch.

The stats don't do justice to that part of his game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Puglia is awesome, wanted to move to Lecce a while back but then family happened up here. 

Yeah it wasn't just the goals Tammy got, not even just about how he creates and makes space, the thing most Roma fans love about him is just his attitude. He's always at 100%, always chasing lost causes, pressing, he's a massive figure int he dressing room and on the pitch.

Lecce is amazing.  We are about 40 mins north of there but it is a lovely city.  Good to see them back in Serie A this season.

Your comments on Tammy are bang on the money.  He was absolutely huge for Roma last season.  He did everything (and more) that we expect Ollie to do - and he did it all better.  Quite frankly anyone who says that Ollie is better than Tammy needs to give their head a wobble.  And no Watkins wouldn't do what Tammy did last season because Serie A is a "weaker" league "full of boring, defensive teams".  There are some really good teams in Serie A.

Edited by allani
  • Like 1

In my mind Tammy and Watkins are pretty similar in quality. Watkins gives you more energy and running whereas Tammy holds the ball a bit better and will bring others in more. Tammy probably edges it in quality but not by a huge distance or anything. Don't know why we're even talking about Tammy tho, it ain't happening. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Sounds a bit like Watkins 😏

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

In my mind Tammy and Watkins are pretty similar in quality. Watkins gives you more energy and running whereas Tammy holds the ball a bit better and will bring others in more. Tammy probably edges it in quality but not by a huge distance or anything. Don't know why we're even talking about Tammy tho, it ain't happening. 

Last time I saw Tammy play, he did seem better with his feet and stronger than I remember.

On the whole though, I think you are right, Tammy isn't a big enough step up on Ollie for me to want us to spend big money on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

Strange article. Villa have two players on here - ezri and chambers. Must only be current players though cos no mention of elphick...

They just wanted to write something about Martinez.

6 foot is small for a centre back now but it isn't exactly far off average.

I wouldn't sign Martinez at 5'9" as a centre back.

37 minutes ago, romavillan said:
44 minutes ago, allani said:

Puglia is awesome, wanted to move to Lecce a while back but then family happened up here

I lived in Turin for about 18 months and had a friend from Lecce. She was always saying how great it was and inviting me to come down when she was back down there. She ended up moving to England for a while, which was the last time I saw her. Sadly we lost touch, we’re going back pre Facebook or even internet days. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TRO said:

We need another Dwight Yorke.

A Benteke type would be perfect for how we play now tbh. Someone who can create their own stuff and flick in crosses from the full backs.

Ollie can do some of that but he simply isn't that good a finisher compared to Benteke in two of his seasons for us.

• Like 1