Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, d821mc said:

Expectations are always interesting. As it currently stands we are expected to finish 8th/9th/10th. There is half a point in terms of expected points between ourselves, West Ham and Leicester. Newcastle are a little ahead in 7th and Brighton back in 11th. So many things didnt go our way last year that I dont think are truly accounted for in those numbers. I think anything less than top 8 will be disappointing. We can have no excuses this year. No new manager. No star player has just left. 

The same was the case this time last season, let's not speak too soon. ;)

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I must admit, the club seemed to have really stepped it up a gear since Smith left with regards to signings. Our last few  (first team) signings have been Digne, Coutinho, Kamara and Carlos. Compare that with the last few signings of Smiths tenure - Bailey, Ings, Sanson and there is a gulf in class.

I’m not writing off the latter, I can see Bailey is really trying and I think Ings could surprise a few this season, I’m just saying we’re really targeting quality now and it seems to have paid off more-so recently.

Another central midfielder and striker of the same pedigree as Kamara, Digne, Coutinho etc. and I can genuinely see us leapfrog the likes of West Ham, Leicester and Wolves and challenge the top 6-8. 

I don’t think we’ll get a striker, but I think there is an outside chance of us signing another midfielder if we can move the likes of Davis, Sanson, El Ghazi and Traore on. That’s probably 100k in wages right there. 

We’re on an upwards trajectory after a horror show of a transfer window last Summer. The club know we need to improve in certain areas but we have to be smart with money. Unfortunately, we may be a couple of years away from competing for the top 7 still.

That's at least 150k in wages

1 hour ago, useless said:

According to Spanish outlet Fichajes we've joined the race for Raúl de Tomás.

He is a very well known player....

I wouldn't sign him personally but he is a good player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

According to Spanish outlet Fichajes we've joined the race for Raúl de Tomás.

I can't say I've seen much of him but, based on the YouTube highlights and whoscored stats he looks like the kind of forward we need. Keeps possession in tight spaces, confident dribbler, quick, good passer and can finish.

Ollie is a hard worker but tends to stifle some of our attacks due to his limited ability at linking up the play or getting past a defender. I feel that this guy (or someone of a similar style) will link up better with Coutinho and Buendia and bring the best out of them. 

Edited by Made In Aston

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Just can't see us signing an attacking player. We've got too many. 

Quantity maybe but I worry whose going to be clinical with the chances we make.

So we have quantity but do we have that difference maker in the striker position? Unsure

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Sanson, Guilbert and Davis to be shipped out in the next 2 weeks with a new CM incoming would be ideal.

Add Hause, to that list I think. Especially with Carlos and Chambers in the mix. Also Feeney coming through. Hause is going to struggle to get any game time this season. 

Even if he gets minutes during the next couple of games I don't see where he gets pitch time during the season.  

• Like 1

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Add Hause, to that list I think. Especially with Carlos and Chambers in the mix. Also Feeney coming through. Hause is going to struggle to get any game time this season. 

Even if he gets minutes during the next couple of games I don't see where he gets pitch time during the season.  

And El Ghazi. Forgot about him.

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Quantity maybe but I worry whose going to be clinical with the chances we make.

So we have quantity but do we have that difference maker in the striker position? Unsure

Who do you have in mind Nick??? Tammy by any chance 😀

40 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Never heard of him.

Not just me then?

Although I’ll go a few steps further and say I’ve never heard of 90% of the players we’re linked with these days. I don’t have time to watch European football nowadays and I’ve not played FIFA/ProEvo in ten years!

• Like 2