Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

FWIW I'd actually be shocked if we bring another youngster in for midfield. Gerrard himself has stated today we need experience and I think it's the one area an older head would be advantageous. 

I agree. Would love to see someone like maybe Wijnaldum come in, even if it's on loan, to strengthen us up a bit more....

1 minute ago, Dillon66 said:

I agree. Would love to see someone like maybe Wijnaldum come in, even if it's on loan, to strengthen us up a bit more....

Yeah I'd like to see someone experienced like 28+ with CL football and hopefully winning trophies. We've a young midfield and more youngsters coming through in midfield too. We need experience there

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah I'd like to see someone experienced like 28+ with CL football and hopefully winning trophies. We've a young midfield and more youngsters coming through in midfield too. We need experience there

Maybe we can tempt Jack Wilshere out of retirement

• Haha 3

The benefit of Carney potentially leaving is that we don't need to think of his development when signing a new CM. I'm sure that is also a part of the thought process in finding the right CM for us, now we'd only have to give a path to Tim which is much easier because he has Kamara and Nakamba ahead of him, he can easily end up backing up Kamara by the end of the season.

I'd love for Luiz to sign a new contract and then bring in another 8 and I'll be happy with our midfield on paper.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

The benefit of Carney potentially leaving is that we don't need to think of his development when signing a new CM. I'm sure that is also a part of the thought process in finding the right CM for us, now we'd only have to give a path to Tim which is much easier because he has Kamara and Nakamba ahead of him, he can easily end up backing up Kamara by the end of the season.

I'd love for Luiz to sign a new contract and then bring in another 8 and I'll be happy with our midfield on paper.

Yeah, we won't need to invest any time in Carney next season and a new signing in midfield hopefully with experience will be an instant boost to the overall squad performance next season. With Luiz singing a new contract hopefully

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

We've been tentatively linked.

He'll join bayern on a free next summer

Would be good if RBL gave them both a massive **** you and sold him to us but the player can wait a year and go where he wants 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rustibrooks said:

There is no benefit in carney leaving whatsoever he needs to stay ! Wth are we playing at

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He'll join bayern on a free next summer

Would be good if RBL gave them both a massive **** you and sold him to us but the player can wait a year and go where he wants 

I wonder if the RBL 'fans' would be as angry and bitter as some are about Chuk doing similar

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

There is no benefit in carney leaving whatsoever he needs to stay ! Wth are we playing at

I don't buy into the over the top criticism of him, but what do you mean what are we playing at? He has free will and if he has decided to leave then that's what he'll do, whether this year or next. Nothing we can do about it.

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

This is not me wanting him to leave, I really want him to stay. I'm just going off what has been happening and I'm just trying to make a positive out of this situation(I normally try to lol)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I wonder if the RBL 'fans' would be as angry and bitter as some are about Chuk doing similar

I've no doubt theyd be happy with the big **** you to bayern too

But then I always find it surprising how apathetic other teams fans are to bayern

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The irony of RBL fans being pissed at Laimer potentially leaving for Munich is that they are known as the plastic club of the Bundesliga. Teams like Stuttgart, Schalke etc  all resent RBL