Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I think we should move heaven and earth to sign Marc Van Bommel. The guy is an absolute beast. If we could get Dalla Bonna in and chuck Pablo Aimar behind Watkins, then you've got pace and craft on either flanks with Couts and Bails.....

2 minutes ago, calcifer said:

spacer.png

It was diabolical. McGinn spent half the game blowing out of his ass!  

The defensive issues and lack of attacking cohesion (I'm still not sure whether our general plan is to get the ball wide to Digne/Cash, or narrow to Coutinho/Buendia) are bigger problems for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I think we should move heaven and earth to sign Marc Van Bommel. The guy is an absolute beast. If we could get Dalla Bonna in and chuck Pablo Aimar behind Watkins, then you've got pace and craft on either flanks with Couts and Bails.....

LOL. 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

The defensive issues and lack of attacking cohesion (I'm still not sure whether our general plan is to get the ball wide to Digne/Cash, or narrow to Coutinho/Buendia) are bigger problems for me.

There was that as well, agreed! I am really looking forward to see what Kamara brings to the table.

Yeah, there were several examples last season of Luiz being dreadfully exposed at times. That's a structural issue that if not addressed isn't solved by simply signing a more defensively adept individual player.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Yeah, there were several examples last season of Luiz being dreadfully exposed at times. That's a structural issue that if not addressed isn't solved by simply signing a more defensively adept individual player.

Yep.  I think we'll see Kamara utilised as a defender in times of transition this season with another (let's say Luiz) in that holding role.  Essentially forming a back 3 plus DM, rather than an exposed DM plus back 2 with others up the pitch.