Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

6 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I still wouldn’t be surprised if we brought in a top striker as well. I know we’ve got Ings and Watkins but I do wonder just how convinced Gerrard is as to whether or not they can do what he needs them to.

Yes. For the last six seasons,  clubs with at least 60 goals total have all made into top six. There might be one aberrant year, but I don't think so. My pet theory is we need 60, and we have got so close recently. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

I don’t think we need two personally and to get to that position you would have to sell at least Sanson, Nakamba and Luiz.

For me the standout for our needs is Sangare.

I’d pick Gallagher out of that list due to age and similar ability levels to others but realistically I’d probably look elsewhere.

This.

Edited by bose
  • Like 1

If Laimer is a pipe dream then someone like him, presses like a demon but can also chip in with some goals and positive possession based play. 

I’d love Paqueta here but he has NUFC written all over him. Plus for me he’s not a CM but rather a CAM or even a SS. 

Personally I think we need two with Sanson going out on a loan to buy. 

Someone that is a CM/CDM hybrid like Kone or Thuram, Sangare at a push (isn’t he about 28/29 though). 

We’d then have a decent mix of CMs and so could tailor how we set up depending on the opposition. 

If we say Kamara is a given I’d like the other two spots to be from Ramsay, LAIMER, McGinn, Luiz, THURAM, Chuk (Chuk could cover CAM and Thuram CDM).

Sounds a lot but with the CMs doing a lot of the grunt work in Gerard’s system we can change them up with the 5 sub ruling. 

Starting to feel like having a well run club is a bit shit.

I want consistent, sporadic stupid links and will he/ won't he type transfer sagas for average players which run the length of the window.

What's Rubin De La Red up to these days?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I want sporadic stupid links and will he/ won't he type transfer sagas for average players which run the length of the window.

he’s renting out pedaloes in Marbella with Benni McCarthy 😂

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I want consistent, sporadic stupid links and will he/ won't he type transfer sagas for average players which run the length of the window.

The upside of having a well-run club is that we have little to quibble over. The downside is the sheer boredom of waiting for the good news to happen. I’ve been watching the Villa for almost 70 years and I just can’t get used to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

With PSG needing to off-load Neymar before this Friday, otherwise they are obliged to offer him a 5 yr contract at £0.5m a week, guess who’s ready to step in if PSG let him go on a free !!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Villaphil said:

With PSG needing to off-load Neymar before this Friday, otherwise they are obliged to offer him a 5 yr contract at £0.5m a week, guess who’s ready to step in if PSG let him go on a free !!

Only Newcastle could be silly enough.