Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

16 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I love these ones...the modern day equivalent of 'a bloke in the pub told me'!

Otavio's dad drinks in my local, gets pissed and bores anyone that will listen that his son is definitley joining, it's all agreed, been agreed for months 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

My favorite genre of tweet. "There's no reason to believe this is real but I'm going to tweet it anyway."

"And no way to say I was wrong passing this info on when it doesn't happen."

The person on the radio lied, my mate in Spain lied...I lied

5 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

I have a sneaky suspicion Brighton are going to be a team that challenges for the top 10-6 places for many seasons to come. 

Really????

They play so feckin slowly I'm amazed they score any goals !!!

The most boring team in the league. Personally I think they will struggle next season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Must not have studied this thread. 😁

They obviously did the survey after the baffling disappearance of life long Villa fan @villalad21 . Who was last seen sitting on a bucket rocking backwards and forwards, while watching endless reruns of a Leeds promotion season video. 

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, hippo said:

The most boring team in the league. Personally I think they will struggle next season.

People say the same thing about them every season, and get excited when they are in a rough patch. lol

It doesn't happen in the end.

I'm not quite sure why people get so annoyed at the prospect that Brighton are actually a decent team, and Potter is a good manager.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Certainly won't get all the business done before going to Australia. Not sure why tye manager would say that if it's not 100% achievable, just sets himself up for criticism from fans for not working quickly enough as usual.

Alot of people seem to think you sign players in descending order of importance through the window. The reality is in general they happen in a arbitrary order based on availability and our realistic place on the transfer ladder, we have to wait for other deals to happen first to free up the players we want. I assume we have 2/3 choices for each position we want to fill and have to sit and wait accordingly, hence no business done a month or so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People say the same thing about them every season, and get excited when they are in a rough patch. lol

I'm not quite sure why people get so annoyed at the prospect that Brighton are actually a decent team, and Potter is a good manager.

Your call.

I wouldn't want to watch that dross every week.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Good post. Brighton are an example of a team and manager fully optimising their potential. Potter is a very good coach and an excellent man manager.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Good post. Brighton are an example of a team and manager fully optimising their potential. Potter is a very good coach and an excellent man manager.

Feck me - I m glad weve got Stevie !

31 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Certainly won't get all the business done before going to Australia. Not sure why tye manager would say that if it's not 100% achievable, just sets himself up for criticism from fans for not working quickly enough as usual.

Alot of people seem to think you sign players in descending order of importance through the window. The reality is in general they happen in a arbitrary order based on availability and our realistic place on the transfer ladder, we have to wait for other deals to happen first to free up the players we want. I assume we have 2/3 choices for each position we want to fill and have to sit and wait accordingly, hence no business done a month or so.

He said he would like to - he didn't promise it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Apart from up front. I wonder if its a wage cap that stops them getting a really really good striker. Because if i was watching their games and was a decent striker i would be thinking i could get 20 with the quality of chances they make 

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

He said he would like to - he didn't promise it.

Irrelevant to most fans they will just hear what they want. It doesn't matter too much plenty of time still 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Didn't he say he wanted to get it done rather than it would be done.  I think all managers would ideally want to have all their signings done before the start of the pre-season - unlikely as that is.  After all the speed of these things is often driven by numerous factors outside the control of the club making the offer.

But yes - you are right.  Unfortunately some will expect all business to have been done and will complain that he and the club are dragging the feet.

Edited by allani
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Meh--why not?!

They have got one finger on the transfer pulse, another mixing a cheeky sangria and are spinning "Yes sir, I can boogie" on the turntable. Why not, indeed:cheers:

image.jpeg.646da166b1ad9cf8ede094f325d50bc8.jpeg image.jpeg.bb99f085d82696e7547f10682a252670.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Irrelevant to most fans they will just hear what they want. It doesn't matter too much plenty of time still 

Yes - plenty of time for additions.

Personally Im a bit more relaxed this windows. I think we have to get more out of what we have - if we aren't getting the most out of the talent on the books - I don't see the point of adding more.

We haven't got a bad group of players by any stretch

47 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

35 minutes ago, hippo said:

Feck me - I m glad weve got Stevie !

I'm also "glad we've got Stevie", but Potter was my first choice after Deano's sacking before I was aware that Gerrard was up for the Villa job. GP may not be fashionable or have SG's worldwide rep and player 'signing" pull, but he's very good at his job.