Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

36 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Agree that we need solidity in midfield to allow Buendia/Coutinho/Ramsey and the full backs to really play.

The interest in Bissouma suggests management sees it too. 

Where have these links to Otavia even come from? 

We looked at our best with both Ings and Watkins together up front.

The Christmas tree formation is a poor one for most games - I'd actually like us to try playing Coutinho or Buendia deeper in the three in certain games - but usually it will be one or the other with a more solid looking midfield behind. 

But the interest in Bissouma appears to have been from before we signed Kamara. No solid links after we got Kamara so not sure if they are definitely looking for a more commanding presence still.

The latest links seem to suggest we're looking for a play maker type progressive passer.

Fwiw, I think we'd be better off going the route with another kamara type (Sangare please).

• Like 1

Maybe they are looking at Otavio for his workrate as a 10. Him, Buendia and Watkins would put in some shift as a front three in the 4321 formation. Then you have Coutinho, Bailey, Ings and even Archer to come off the bench and run at a tired defence. Would have some great options off the bench next season, especially with the 5 substitutes rule.

• Like 1

Spurs and arsenal fans arguing over who signed the best Brazilian 😂 we definitely need to sign Neymar now just to get involved 😬 just think if we signed a solid cm and neymar we would finish top 6 for sure 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

But the interest in Bissouma appears to have been from before we signed Kamara. No solid links after we got Kamara so not sure if they are definitely looking for a more commanding presence still.

The latest links seem to suggest we're looking for a play maker type progressive passer.

Fwiw, I think we'd be better off going the route with another kamara type (Sangare please).

Nah we dont need sangare with kamara’s arrival

2 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Maybe they are looking at Otavio for his workrate as a 10. Him, Buendia and Watkins would put in some shift as a front three in the 4321 formation. Then you have Coutinho, Bailey, Ings and even Archer to come off the bench and run at a tired defence. Would have some great options off the bench next season, especially with the 5 substitutes rule.

I really dislike that Christmas tree formation so much really hope it’s not part of next years plans.

I don't think there's any truth to the Octavio rumour, CNN Portugal made reference to the previous rumour and then another site latched onto that and reported it as if CNN are saying that we're going to bid for him but there's seemingly no actual evidence that they've said that. Seems like that old game in which a message is distorted after being passed around.

With Twitter noise being about French, Argentine and Brazil internationals do we think the Otavio noise is because we’ve been rebuffed by Paqueta and De Paul?

If we’re after a hard working no10 similar to Buendia, Orkan Kokcu at Feyenord looks a real talent. Good at set pieces too and would be considerably cheaper than any of the above. Cherki at Lyon another younger option. 

1 minute ago, zab6359 said:

I really dislike that Christmas tree formation so much really hope it’s not part of next years plans.

Same. Think we looked much better in the 4312 but personally hoping we are moving towards a 4231 for next season. Nice to have the flexibility though I guess if needed.

• Like 2

Joe Gomez is a big NO NO for me. Never been particularly impressed by him and hate how the media constantly links him with a move to the Villa. 

Another one of those Pool players they constantly big up, sell them for way over their value, and turn out crap. 

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Spurs and arsenal fans arguing over who signed the best Brazilian 😂 we definitely need to sign Neymar now just to get involved 😬 just think if we signed a solid cm and neymar we would finish top 6 for sure 

Spurs have had a better overall window IMO.  I don't think Arsenal have strengthened that much TBH, they have replaced a 20+ goal a season striker in Auba with a 10+ goal a season striker with Jesus.

• Like 1

Just now, PeterSw said:

Same. Think we looked much better in the 4312 but personally hoping we are moving towards a 4231 for next season. Nice to have the flexibility though I guess if needed.

4-2-3-1 for me, I just think you need an exceptional team to play either 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 effectively.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Spurs have had a better overall window IMO.  I don't think Arsenal have strengthened that much TBH, they have replaced a 20+ goal a season striker in Auba with a 10+ goal a season striker with Jesus.

Agree spurs have had a better window and arsenal need to do more but auba and lacazette were a big part of Arsenal's problems for the last couple of years

Chancers the pair of them 

Jesus might bring a buzz with him but they need 2 or 3 more players 

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Yeah and they all seem so excited with gabriel forgetting about auba 😂 fabio silva looks good mind you … but bissouma and richarlison sounds better for sure 

46 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Had done something similar before with games under Gerrard and have some different numbers so assume you are looking at full season?

Here's what I had:

image.png.57f6aebc15110a3d88ec27e23f133f3d.png

Far too small a sample size to draw any conclusions what so ever

41 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Its Joe Gomez now 😆 You have to laugh … yeah we really gonna spend another 30 mill on another CB, Daily mail please do your homework and look at who we’ve just signed

Legit saw a tweet a couple of days ago saying we weren't interested in any more CBs this window?

51 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

FYI you can hide your own posts by clicking the three dots in the top right.

It's from a United blog about De Jong, but it seems like a good reference point when looking for a new CM.

If we are looking for an #8, ideally they should be able to win the ball and move it forward.  McGinn has bang average ball winning, but above average progression.  Luiz has average ball winning and below average progression.  I can't see Ramsey on the chart.

Someone in this thread had mentioned Dahoud from Dortmund, above average ball winning and average progression.

qaexnrKnCBQjwtgE2rOfkBdsIcEk3p3yLIjpWe9vcJAw0pd42RqwzwzOosR_kW4_D9xwMmD04ZTQR52F3DBPsLZpqWnfWpH7QGcQBP94qy11ZwED8VFA77pQSNPGcBMdTb9b5zJoGYIM9LqjwKs

Edited by duke313
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It's from a United blog about De Jong, but it seems like a good reference point when looking for a new CM.

If we are looking for an #8, ideally they should be able to win the ball and move it forward.  McGinn has bang average ball winning, but above average progression.  Luiz has average ball winning and below average progression.  I can't see Ramsey on the chart.

Someone in this thread had mentioned Dahoud from Dortmund, above average ball winning and average progression.

qaexnrKnCBQjwtgE2rOfkBdsIcEk3p3yLIjpWe9vcJAw0pd42RqwzwzOosR_kW4_D9xwMmD04ZTQR52F3DBPsLZpqWnfWpH7QGcQBP94qy11ZwED8VFA77pQSNPGcBMdTb9b5zJoGYIM9LqjwKs

Look at Guimares 😪.

Any chance of us attracting any of those in that top right section? Any of them even available?