Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Spurs basically are in the position they’re in because they spent well and developed good young players.

Spurs basically did everything right, and are essentially the model for every club without the clout of a Man City, Man United, Chelsea etc.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, allani said:

And his agent will say how many times has the Leicester City story happened in the top 4 or 5 European leagues in the last 20 years.  Basically it is a 1 in a 100 shot.

Yeah but not only did they win the title but they secured that top six position so what does that tell you

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Sorry mate! Want me to make your dinner for you too? Jeeeeeez. 

🤣👍

Yes please... Jamaican Oxtail?

Haha would have saved me having to close tab to Google Translate.

I can't find anything on CNN Portugal itself, but there are lots of retweets from sources which don't seem too shite.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I can't find anything on CNN Portugal itself, but there are lots of retweets from sources which don't seem too shite.

I don’t make Oxtail, no.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Spurs basically are in the position they’re in because they spent well and developed good young players. 

poch era brought through Kane, Alli, Dyer,  Son, Ericsson.. all bought cheap and young. Granted they have money and ways to retain their good players… but they built their current success on a shoestring. Well until they sacked Pochettino 

As of keeping players.. yes it’s hard… but that’s part of the bigger game. If “the project” is good enough they will stay. 

but going all in or bust is a strategy that’s only failed clubs in our situation 

Spurs spending has been good and bad. Of course they’ve signed good players but they’ve also wasted hundreds of millions. Bergwijn, sissoko, ndombele, aurier, sanchez off the top of my head. I just don’t think anyones buying into the long game, not when success is available instantly elsewhere. I think an issue is there’s always doubt in the back of your mind about how long NSWE want to do this for, stadium plans etc now fill you with more confidence though. I think what we’re doing now in terms of spending on top players as well as investing youth is the best of both worlds and probably the most sustainable way we can try and move forward 

14 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

These are the types of links I like. Links from foreign press seem to be more reliable than ours :D 

Funny thing is, these more concrete foreign links of " offers " seem to come up when things are as good as done?

OR

Turn out to be absolute Bollox.

But it's still Wednesday and an opportunity for Delphino to get some points back on the board.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I’ll take a serving of Oxtail with some mac and cheese 👀

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Aston Villa will present a proposal of 30 million euros + 5 million in variables to FC Porto for Otávio, advances to @cnnportugal "

Wish you'd done that for us.

Its like watching a direct clone of Buendia and Coutinho watching Otavio.  Just cannot see it unless Buendia is going somewhere 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Its like watching a direct clone of Buendia and Coutinho watching Otavio.  Just cannot see it unless Buendia is going somewhere 

He will play as an 8, I’d imagine. Seems he’s playing as a CM more and more lately.

• Like 1