Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

19 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Koné, sangare, aouar, Fabian Ruiz, all upgrades

Which kone ? .. going by the others you mentioned  i trust whoever it is as those players especially fabian ruiz would give me plenty confidence in our midfield for next season i want us to not look out of place against the Chelsea's and United’s like we have done over the last decade or so well maybe not so much the united of last season 😊

Really need to see some magic happen over the next two weeks however as I'm getting bored now sorry to say… what do you guys think will happen in regards to CM role, will it be a CM that is to fight with ramsey or mcginn or will it be a player that is expected to start and effectively replace one of them? 

13 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Majority of their signings have come from various smaller leagues across Europe apart from Roca.

All of which are completely different level to the Premier League, some are leagues we've signed players from who have really struggled despite doing well at their previous clubs.

Have you honestly seen all of these players play to judge? I've only seen Aaronson play and although talented he's extremely young and lightweight and wouldn't get close to our starting eleven. JJ is miles better than him. 

On the other hand we've signed a centre back who has been a fixture at a top 3/4 la Liga side, the only league in my opinion you could argue is better overall than the Premier League at the moment, he also has played various games at Champions League level and played in European finals.

We've also signed one of the best midfielders in Ligue 1 who is now being selected by the best national team in Europe maybe the world.

Our transfer business is levels apart.

De Ketelaere is in Belgium's squad and they're pretty bloody good if you hadn't noticed. He's an exceptional talent and if Leeds get him then they're another team having a better window than us.

Leeds' transfer business has actually impressed me, don't think they'll be anywhere near the relegation zone next season if they get these players in. If we continue to be complacent this window then I'd be quite worried they could finish above us. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Really need to see some magic happen over the next two weeks however as I'm getting bored now sorry to say… what do you guys think will happen in regards to CM role, will it be a CM that is to fight with ramsey or mcginn or will it be a player that is expected to start and effectively replace one of them? 

Hoping for a player who is good enough to replace them, in turn, improving McGinn and Ramsey due to added competition. 
Old cliche but competition for places is healthy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

De Ketelaere is in Belgium's squad and they're pretty bloody good if you hadn't noticed. He's an exceptional talent and if Leeds get him then they're another team having a better window than us.

Leeds' transfer business has actually impressed me, don't think they'll be anywhere near the relegation zone next season if they get these players in. If we continue to be complacent this window then I'd be quite worried they could finish above us. 

Leeds just lost their best and talismanic player. They also have have Ted Lasso in charge. Plus our transfers in have been significantly better than theirs. 

11 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

As i said last night not really

Leeds shipped a crazy amount of goals last season, they were on pace to be record breakingly bad at one point 

Buying midfielders and attackers won't fix that... So far theyve only bought a new RB, they need a whole new defence 

You can stick whatever Belgian international you want up front it'll make no difference when firpo plays LB to league 1 standard 

• Like 1

Not really Leeds we are aiming to compete with as far as I'm concerned. Don't think we are any closer to the likes of Arsenal thou.

Long way to go in the window (for us and everyone else) and hopefully we'll have a more rounded squad than last season. Also hope Gerrard is a year more experienced and developed as imo it's not just on the players that are inferior to the clubs we are trying to catch.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Leeds just lost their best and talismanic player. They also have have Ted Lasso in charge. Plus our transfers in have been significantly better than theirs. 

Fair point. Losing Phillips and then Raphinha likely to follow will be a big blow, although I think their manager can attract good players for them and they'll be better than last season. Depends on how quickly their new signings settle. 

12 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Are you for real? They’re selling two best players and replacing them with players who have no Premier League experience.We all know how that ends up don’t we?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Galway Lion said:

Are you for real? They’re selling two best players and replacing them with players who have no Premier League experience.We all know how that ends up don’t we?

Fair point. Losing Phillips and then Raphinha likely to follow will be a big blow, although I think their manager can attract good players for them and they'll be better than last season. Depends on how quickly their new signings settle. 

16 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Painful. Really painful.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Galway Lion said:

Quoting myself again for you in case you missed it (which I assume you did).

16 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

If we continue to be complacent this window then I'd be quite worried they could finish above us.

Strange perception of complacency, but if it makes you happy. 

• Like 3