Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

We’re not done but we’ve made 2 additions to our last registered squad not 4.

Making desirable loan players permanent is good business but it’s not strengthening us from where we were last season so people aren’t wrong for wanting more from this window. Plenty of time though.

Both this summer and the next... We dont have to, and I do t believe that we will, make the jump from 14th to 4th this summer

We dont just need an 8, we need a very good one, if the right player isn't available then we wait, we already have 3 players in the squad how can play 8 for a lower half PL team 

The problem is we've been in that seat for a long time now, hopefully this is a player holiday slowing it down thing rather than us not knowing where to go next

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Probably does seeing as we're terrible at shifting deadwood and take forever to get them out the door. I mean, Trez still hasn't gone and it's been about a month negotiating. 

More to do with other clubs putting in derisory offers as they know we want to get rid of the players. 

21 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Making desirable loan players permanent is good business but it’s not strengthening us from where we were last season so people aren’t wrong or ungrateful for wanting more from this window. Plenty of time though.

It is strengthening us because loans are temporary given their very nature. We know all about that after Tammy didn’t sign etc.

The stability and commitment provided by a long term deal - particularly for elite players like Coutinho - and the impact that us on our appeal to other players should not be poo pooed. 

We still have over t-w-o months until the window closes. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

More to do with other clubs putting in derisory offers as they know we want to get rid of the players. 

Correct which is why you sell the players 'early' when you can.

Classic example of this would have been AEG last summer but that doesn't apply to Trez because of injury for example.

You basically need to sell players whilst they are still useful to you with forward planning.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Lengthy analysis here on who would be suited to our CM role, Sangare and koné (mentioned here a few times) seem best suited to what we need 

Well thought out options, Dahoud looks the pick of a good selection, athletic, tenacious and brilliant dribbling and technical ability. With 1 year on his deal looks he looks primed for a move and good age too at 26.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Making desirable loan players permanent is good business but it’s not strengthening us from where we were last season so people aren’t wrong or ungrateful for wanting more from this window. Plenty of time though.

There is no chance we are done, We'll see at least 1 more big signing in midfield and a versatile full back, if other opportunities come up I'm sure that the club will look to take advantage tok like with Digne.

2 more minimum, maybe 3/4 depending on sales/loans too.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Both this summer and the next... We dont have to, and I do t believe that we will, make the jump from 14th to 4th this summer

I don't think we will ever make that jump. Thats not a criticism of anyone at Villa, but the top 6 have such an advantage, its a huge ask to overhaul and stay there. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't think we will ever make that jump. Thats not a criticism of anyone at Villa, but the top 6 have such an advantage, its a huge ask to overhaul and stay there. 

Maybe mate but one question 

Do you believe in the Villa?

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Top 5 is nailed on for the next few years I think, Chelsea have a huge job on their hands this year with the players they’re losing and who knows how United are going to do. 7th is achievable and has to be our goal 

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Always!

47 minutes ago, Xela said:

A lot of people didn't think we'd sign Coutinho permanently. They were convinced Arsenal or Newcastle would swoop in. Ok, point conceded on the back-up keeper, but securing Coutinho was a huge statement for the club and the signing of Kamara and Carlos should hopefully improve us. Plus we haven't seen the best of our signings last summer yet. I don't want to give up on them yet.

Since last summer we've signed Buendia, Bailey, Ings, Digne, Coutinho, Kamara and Carlos. That is a lot of players! They've had no time to gel or settle and people want more and more. Thats football today though. The dopamine hit of a new signing and winning the transfer window now seems more important than anything. People just want a revolving door of players all the time without giving them any time to develop or settle. An exciting signing suddenly comes boring after a few weeks as the hunt for the next one hots up.

Maybe i'm just a bit jaded by it all nowadays! 

This is spot on, we’re yet to see the best of many of our players largely due to injury issues and possibly lack of a settling in period. It’s true that many of us lack any patience with our players and are too quick to want to discard them.

Absolutely nothing to suggest we are done.

Kamara and Carlos are undeniably genuine statement signings for us and where we’re at currently.

Why do we do this every off season? So much negativity and worry? Let’s just see how things pan out, it’s such early days.

No reason to be so pessimistic and we’ve made a great start imo. I’m sure we will make moves where the opportunities arise and not make signings just for the sake of it. We’re looking for genuine upgrades and already have a couple…

We still have players to sell and hopefully generate a few more funds and free up wages for new players.

Patience…

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I believe that we’re a club that’s almost impossible to read. Did I believe we’d win the league in 81 or the European Cup in 82 when we were in the third division? No chance. Did I believe we could get relegated just a few years later? Well that’s a bit more believable. 

We, Aston Villa we’re nearly bankrupt and almost on the brink of extinction just a few years ago. Now look at us. We’re the hardest of all the clubs to call, but in our case you really just never know. 

A couple of years time, beat Man City in the European Cup final to take our lead over them to two. Likely? No of course not, but as the great man said, “Do you want to bet against us?”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

A lot of people didn't think we'd sign Coutinho permanently. They were convinced Arsenal or Newcastle would swoop in. Ok, point conceded on the back-up keeper, but securing Coutinho was a huge statement for the club and the signing of Kamara and Carlos should hopefully improve us. Plus we haven't seen the best of our signings last summer yet. I don't want to give up on them yet.

Since last summer we've signed Buendia, Bailey, Ings, Digne, Coutinho, Kamara and Carlos. That is a lot of players! They've had no time to gel or settle and people want more and more. Thats football today though. The dopamine hit of a new signing and winning the transfer window now seems more important than anything. People just want a revolving door of players all the time without giving them any time to develop or settle. An exciting signing suddenly comes boring after a few weeks as the hunt for the next one hots up.

Maybe i'm just a bit jaded by it all nowadays! 

It's a cliche but Ings and Bailey could be like new signings next season. 

Carney signing a contract and developing would be like a new signing. 

• Like 3