Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

If we are done, which is possibly quite likely with the exception of maybe a backup left back, then all we can realistically expect next season is top 10. We can probably overtake the likes of Brighton, Palace, Brentford, but I think Newcastle are now bringing in players that are a vast improvement on what they have and if they do add players like Paqueta to Pope and Botman then they will have a better team than us. Arsenal and Spurs finished well ahead of us last season and are showing the sort of ambition that we should be to improve further . Man U are having a nightmare but will most likely get de Jong over the line and one or two others. We might be on a par with Leicester and West Ham next season and be around 9th or 10th but that's the best we can hope for unless things change on the transfer front in the next few weeks.

For a side that finished 14th but says it wants to be competing with the top 6/7, we aren't doing anywhere near enough. We need at least another 2 more players for the starting 11 because if we don't then there will be more disappointment again next season I'm sure. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

If we are done, which is possibly quite likely with the exception of maybe a backup left back, then all we can realistically expect next season is top 10. We can probably overtake the likes of Brighton, Palace, Brentford, but I think Newcastle are now bringing in players that are a vast improvement on what they have and if they do add players like Paqueta to Pope and Botman then they will have a better team than us. Arsenal and Spurs finished well ahead of us last season and are showing the sort of ambition that we should be to improve further . Man U are having a nightmare but will most likely get de Jong over the line and one or two others. We might be on a par with Leicester and West Ham next season and be around 9th or 10th but that's the best we can hope for unless things change on the transfer front in the next few weeks.

For a side that finished 14th but says it wants to be competing with the top 6/7, we aren't doing anywhere near enough. We need at least another 2 more players for the starting 11 because if we don't then there will be more disappointment again next season I'm sure. 

Pure speculation. 

Not doing enough? A lot of teams haven't even started yet and we've made 4 signings, including upgrades in 2 key positions. We also apparently held talks with Bissouma, so we are looking at others. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I can see the logic but I think he's in the same bracket as Bissouma and Phillips. Being linked with too many CL clubs not to sign for one in a few weeks time.

Not sure what Richarlison actually offers to us. 

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Pure speculation. 

Not doing enough? A lot of teams haven't even started yet and we've made 4 signings, including upgrades in 2 key positions. We also apparently held talks with Bissouma, so we are looking at others. 

Plus once the top 6 teams have their business done, there will be room to look at other players. Some targets might be holding out in the hope for a move to Spurs, Arsenal etc. But if those clubs have their business done, these players will be more open to moved her or West Ham, Newcastle etc.

26 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Lengthy analysis here on who would be suited to our CM role, Sangare and koné (mentioned here a few times) seem best suited to what we need 

This is a great list, and well thought out. Of the players listed, Fabian Ruiz would transform us.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

Pure speculation. 

You keep saying we've made four signings, we haven't, two of them were loans made permanent, we have only added two new players to the team/squad from the end of last season. Yes getting Coutinho was a bit of a coup but he was already here since January. 

We all know it was a very disappointing season last season and we made a fast start to the window, signing two players within a week of the season ending (which I was pleasantly surprised by), but in recent weeks there is absolutely nothing coming out about incomings and only that we must move fringe players on. Just some ominous signs for me, and we all know what happened last summer when we desperately needed a new CM and didn't sign one. I still think we need a starting CM and ST at the minimum, McGinn shouldn't be starting every week, Watkins and Ings are not reliable enough, but I'm pretty sure that we won't have resolved this by the time August 6th comes around. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

You keep saying we've made four signings, we haven't, two of them were loans made permanent, we have only added two new players to the team/squad from the end of last season. Yes getting Coutinho was a bit of a coup but he was already here since January. 

We all know it was a very disappointing season last season and we made a fast start to the window, signing two players within a week of the season ending (which I was pleasantly surprised by), but in recent weeks there is absolutely nothing coming out about incomings and only that we must move fringe players on. Just some ominous signs for me, and we all know what happened last summer when we desperately needed a new CM and didn't sign one. I still think we need a starting CM and ST at the minimum, McGinn shouldn't be starting every week, Watkins and Ings are not reliable enough, but I'm pretty sure that we won't have resolved this by the time August 6th comes around. 

Our squad is currently at 30+ players when loanees return. We cannot keep adding, the deadwood must go, if that means holding off on signings until they’re gone, then so be it. Doesn’t mean we are done.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Lengthy analysis here on who would be suited to our CM role, Sangare and koné (mentioned here a few times) seem best suited to what we need 

Someone needs to get the word over to Gregg and Dan that we are done, and we CLEARLY have no money to spend.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, duke313 said:

This is a great list, and well thought out. Of the players listed, Fabian Ruiz would transform us.

He would be brilliant but also have no interest if honest 

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Our squad is currently at 30+ players when loanees return. We cannot keep adding, the deadwood must go, if that means holding off on signings until they’re gone, then so be it. Doesn’t mean we are done.

Probably does seeing as we're terrible at shifting deadwood and take forever to get them out the door. I mean, Trez still hasn't gone and it's been about a month negotiating. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He would be brilliant but also have no interest if honest 

Are some decent clubs in Spain looking at him as seems Napoli want to sell?

Another forum I post on guy is always raving about Lobotka being a superb press resistant DM in 6/8 position. Liked him since his Celta Vigo days but he's been in and out at Napoli so could be more realistic perhaps.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Are some decent clubs in Spain looking at him as seems Napoli want to sell?

Another forum I post on guy is always raving about Lobotka being a superb press resistant DM in 6/8 position. Liked him since his Celta Vigo days but he's been in and out at Napoli so could be more realistic perhaps.

Napoli supporter here. I believe Lobotka is the primary reason Napoli is willing to move on Ruiz. They're both solid, but Lobotka seems to be more in line with what Spalletti wants than Fabian.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Napoli supporter here. I believe Lobotka is the primary reason Napoli is willing to move on Ruiz. They're both solid, but Lobotka seems to be more in line with what Spalletti wants than Fabian.

Ruiz is technically brilliant, he would make McGinn his donkey. Its embarrassing if we cant try make a deal

4 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

It’s 24 June bro. Chill. There’s time. If Spuds and City want our targets then there isn’t much we can do about that. We move on. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xela said:

Pure speculation. 

No no, that's not how it works

Everyone has got better just not villa everyone can get better just not villa everyone can win games just not villa everyone can get European football just not villa

The only thing villa can do better than anyone else is be proper **** miserable about their football team all the **** time

Its boring 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3