Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I've assumed Carney is gone since the news that they hadn't agreed to a new deal. These days, any player who doesn't agree to an extension and a raise before the final year of their deal is doing so because they plan to do what Boubacar Kamara did to get here. 

Isn't he under contract to Nov 23? That's over a season. 

Just because he is down to a year and a bit doesn't mean he is leaving. Didn't Nketiah at Arsenal run his contract down completely before signing a new one? Chuk probably wants to see how the first half of this season pans out. 

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Anyhoo, I haven't really paid much notice to this thread in the last few days. I assume no proper news?

correct.

We are waiting for the right moment..........said the spider to the fly.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

You thought you’d just slip Ings in there and we wouldn’t notice?

I was hoping you did notice , would you still like to remain a middle table team ? 

Edited by RicRic

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think it will be, tbh. The club are well aware that they have Archer, KKH, Chukwuemeka, A. Ramsey and Irroebugnam that will likely come through and be pushing in the next 18mths-2 years as first team players and then further out, you obviously have the likes of Feeney and whoever else we've signed. We have to build and build until some of these are ready to break through which I think is a bit early atm.

I think the long term plan has always been to spend for 4-6 years to become an established top half PL team (probably one pushing for Europe) with a view to the money spent on the academy reaping rewards in the years after. Unfortunately, every time we sign a dud like Bailey or Sanson (regardless of peoples individuals opinions) it really sets us back because we're stuck with a expensive player on big wages and it takes up a place in the squad.

Transfers are so, so important to get right and I'd say for the most part, we've been ok in the transfer market. Last Summer, we were poor however, and I think that will cost us moving forward. 

Dont forget the best scottish player of all time Rory Wilson

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I mean by all means ings can stay but a new striker MUST come in so that limits his game time… cant start the season banking on watkins and ings to lead the line

Who would you suggest? I’m struggling to think of many strikers that are an improvement and realistic

41 minutes ago, Xela said:

Isn't he under contract to Nov 23? That's over a season. 

Just because he is down to a year and a bit doesn't mean he is leaving. Didn't Nketiah at Arsenal run his contract down completely before signing a new one? Chuk probably wants to see how the first half of this season pans out. 

Possibly, but I'm reading the tea leaves more than anything.

1. He hasn't signed a new deal even though the club wants to sign him

2. He's currently staring at Coutinho and the team's record signing in Buendia ahead of him in the spot he's best suited for.

As for Nketiah, he's 23 and hasn't broken through to live up to the expectations placed on him when he was younger. I don't think his market was robust. His options seemed to be to leave for playing time at a smaller club, or take a bigger check and get the same chance to break through at Arsenal that he's already had. Carney is still 18 and has interest from Champions League clubs. If UCL clubs were interested in Nketiah, I don't think he's still with Arsenal.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Controversial opinion but I'd happily take Timo Werner if Chelsea are selling.

Looks like it may be Juve thou 

Said this a few months back, he’ll score plenty here with the players we have behind him

• Like 1