Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well to put it in perspective he looked  better than Grealish did for them in an attacking sense.

Last game of the season vs us when he came off the bench I thought he was everything grealish should be for city

He went at us like a pig at a tater 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m judging him largely on the game he had for Ukraine against Scotland and I think on that basis he was excellent. But that was one game, I’m sure there are better informed posters who’ve seen more of him.  I’m also sure the club will have taken more than a cursory glance at him if they’re interested. 

...and I see people write off McGinn's best performances for Scotland for no reason other than "it's Scotland."

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, useless said:

He's playing games for Man City in the Champions League as a left-back, just because he's very good in that position, and looks decent for Ukraine in midfield against weaker oppostion, it doesn't mean to say we should sign him as a midfielder. I think there's an element of people overrating him, as a midfielder, just because he plays for Man City.

This 100%...  He's a very solid LB, but some are just assuming he's a great CM because they don't like McGinn.  

I'm sure he would excellent for us as a left-back, but we don't need a first choice left-back as we've already got Digne. I'm sure he'd look fine in midfield too, but I don't think he'd be the guaranteed upgrade in that position that people think.

He might be a better footballer than McGinn, and might be a very good footballer, but that doesn't mean to say he's a better midfielder than McGinn.

This is all a complete waste of time anyway, as I don't think there's any indication whatsoever that we're interested in him.

Just now, KMitch said:

This 100%...  He's a very solid LB, but some are just assuming he's a great CM because they don't like McGinn.  

I love McGinn, I also think Zinchenko is a quality player that when I’ve seen play in midfield has looked quality.  I think he would be a starter in our midfield here.

• Like 1

Everton are being linked with a €10mill move for Owen Wijndal and a €50mill for Matheus Nunes from Sporting - Both are what we are looking for so be interesting to see if we swoop in. Whose the bigger draw Gerrard & NSWE or FAT Frank @ Moshiri … 

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

He is basically one of those players that can play in any position on the left. He plays left back because Man City happen to have a team of world class players in nearly every position. Ukraine don’t, and he stands out as one of their better players 

It’s basically same as Alaba at Bayern, played LB for club, left midfield for country.

• Like 1

Gallagher is a box-to-box midfielder, like Ramsey he's an attacking box-to-box midfielder, but he's very combatitive player, as well as his attacking qualities that's one of the things he's know for, I don't think he would have any trouble playing in our system.

• Like 1

Don't really think it's fair at all to say that people only want/like the idea of Zinchenko because he plays for City as if that isn't massively disregarding loads of other context on purpose.

He's a quality player.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Everton are being linked with a €10mill move for Owen Wijndal and a €50mill for Matheus Nunes from Sporting - Both are what we are looking for so be interesting to see if we swoop in. Whose the bigger draw Gerrard & NSWE or FAT Frank @ Moshiri … 

Owen Wijndal, is someone I have tipped in the past but he hasn't kicked on as much as he should have.

Great backup but I don't think he will ever surpass Digne

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

How much would Gallagher cost do you reckon £35-£40 mill is fair but can see Chelsea wanting close to £50mill…. Is he really a £50million player ? 

Has age on his side. You buy him for £50m and he will give you a lot back over the next 5 years 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

How much would Gallagher cost do you reckon £35-£40 mill is fair but can see Chelsea wanting close to £50mill…. Is he really a £50million player ? 

He is if Chelsea aren’t looking to sell him and we want him.  22 year old, England International with some PL experience I think it’s a very low risk purchase, with a likely high resale value.  If we want him then if it’s £50m instead of £40m the benefits outweigh the cost.

• Like 1