Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Most speculation has been towards the left back, backup, does this suggests we are happy with RB backup options?

Maybe they don't want to block a pathway for KKH. Even if he is loaned out next season again they may consider Chambers and Konsa adequate cover for a robust Cash?

18 hours ago, duke313 said:

I haven't seen us linked with any right backs.  Only full-backs i've seen linked with is Bassey, Sergio Gomez and Quentin Merlin who are all left-backs.  The lack of speculation around right-back means we will pull someone unknown out of the bag or are going with KKH.

Hickey? He played RB for Scotland the other day so could, arguably, cover both positions in the short term if KKH were to go on another seasons loan.

11 hours ago, pete101 said:

Listen to interview with Nesta early in week, was surprised how open he was about how poor Serie A has become, wonder if premier League teams are slightly hesitant about risking big fee's on players coming from Italy

Even when Serie A was good a lot of players struggled in England, Veron, Shevchenko were huge stars and could barely get going here. It’s such a different league and lifestyle 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, messi11 said:

I have heard something that would make you all excited

History suggests when people make comments like this they generally haven’t heard anything, so you’ll either tell us what it is otherwise it’s pointless making that comment above because it tells us nothing and looked at with skepticism.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Why aren't we signing anyone? This is boring.

I reckon it’s because we have ran out of pocket money and we are waiting for some more free agents to decide on what they want to do. 
Let’s be fair we have spent the best part of £50m already which isn’t bad going for a 14th placed team. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

8 hours ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Whenever I see the name Aouar I can’t help but think of this lot…

spacer.png

Off topic but they used to play regularly where I grew up and I saw them once cover  Milkshake by Kelis - just imagine 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, nick76 said:

History suggests when people make comments like this they generally haven’t heard anything, so you’ll either tell us what it is otherwise it’s pointless making that comment above because it tells us nothing and looked at with skepticism.

History suggests, when people respond to posts like that, with posts like this, they’ve probably missed the joke. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, useless said:

Whenever I saw Dennis for Watford he didn't actually look that great.

I think he got off to a very good start but faded badly, just two goals and one assist in his final seventeen appearances.

He went through a bad run but it coincided with Sarr not being in the team - you can't score if no-one is giving you the ball?

Edited by barry'sboots
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

History suggests, when people respond to posts like that, with posts like this, they’ve probably missed the joke. 

Yep it was so incredibly funny, how did I miss the hilarity of the comedy!

• Like 2

Signed 4 players and people demanding more even though its' still so early in the window.

I'm sure we are looking folks, chill out 

:)

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yep it was so incredibly funny, how did I miss the hilarity of the comedy!

It wasn’t a great moment in comedy I’d agree, but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t joking. It sort of works for @messi11 in a self deprecating sort of way. 

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Newcastle bound isn’t he? 

Oh, my only sort of ITK:

Newcastle owner has said to a source in response about Paqueta that although it sounds good, Newcastle are happy with their midfield options and will be concertrating on attackers and defenders this window.

So maybe not