Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I can't see us signing a mid-aged striker.....it will be very young or very old.

Ollie and Danny will be trusted with the main bulk of the games IMO.....Assuming with the better midfield, they will be more consistent.

Someone will be brought in to mix it up a bit and give us some variety for options.

I’m the opposite mate, I think they will be buying a main striker for reasons I’ve outlined before.  It’ll be interesting to see what happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

My bet is on a 20-22yr old attacking full back from somewhere in Europe. Which I’m fine with. 

We desperately need to start moving some of our players out the door too

Always seems to be our most problematic issue., baring Jack.

3 minutes ago, John said:

Gareth Bale says "I want to be at The Belfry:D

image.jpeg.e75accef334bac25d7e266b01e30011f.jpeg

Maybe Leicester is the destination for him....they have a golf course within their training complex.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m the opposite mate, I think they will be buying a main striker for reasons I’ve outlined before.  It’ll be interesting to see what happens.

Yes I'm with you on this Nick.  I don't see the point of signing an ageing or young striker unless the young striker is way better than Archer 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes I'm with you on this Nick.  I don't see the point of signing an ageing or young striker unless the young striker is way better than Archer 

The young one could be Archer......but I don't see a player coming in to take Ollie or Danny's place and I don't think they will be sold either.

I could be wrong, its just how I see it.....I think SG still believes in them.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think SG still believes in them.

See, I’m not convinced he does.  

He wants them around because he needs options but I think he was getting frustrated with them, they also don’t really fit his style, they weren’t delivering so I wasn’t surprised with Suarez rumours, and/or Percy and some other credible sources saying about interest in a forward.  

Gerrard isn’t here to buy back up/squad players with most of his buys being starters and I don’t think the same will be about the rumoured forward we are interested in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Can’t agree, McGinn scored 3 league goals, Luiz 2, Konsa 2, Mings 1…these figures aren’t enough.  How are our big CB’s not scoring more for example.

The delivery from set pieces that why, it’s pathetic. Hard to score when you constantly hit the first man. McGinn should score more, Luiz was a DM for most of the season. Not many get more than 2 or 3. 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

The only way I can see this is if one of Ings or Ollie are sold and I can’t see that happening to be honest 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WHY said:

The delivery from set pieces that why, it’s pathetic. Hard to score when you constantly hit the first man. McGinn should score more, Luiz was a DM for most of the season. Not many get more than 2 or 3. 

I agree a lot of the set pieces weren’t great but I remember many times when the likes of Mings and Konsa not hitting the target when it seemed easier to hit the target than not.  Anyway off topic for this thread so I’ll get back to buying players talk.

Does Nathan Collins have a high enough ceiling for us to move on Konsa and/or Chambers to get him in as RCB/RB backup and long term successor to Carlos?

Have read and seen great things about him!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

The only way I can see this is if one of Ings or Ollie are sold and I can’t see that happening to be honest 

I disagree.  We’ve heard a couple of times the notion of selling either of those two dismissed by the club but we’ve also been told the club are interested in a forward.  

While you can’t see it, everything we are being told suggests otherwise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I disagree.  We’ve heard a couple of times the notion of selling either of those two dismissed by the club but we’ve also been told the club are interested in a forward.  

a striker to go staighy in or promising youngster eg rangers kid

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Does Nathan Collins have a high enough ceiling for us to move on Konsa and/or Chambers to get him in as RCB/RB backup and long term successor to Carlos?

Have read and seen great things about him!

He’s a great player, I remember seeing him at Villa Park when he was at Stoke City when we were in The Championship. Collins and Harry Souttar had a great match for Stoke that day

• Like 2

I seriously doubt that Rory Wilson will be anywhere near the first team, he will probably start with the U18s with potential to move up to the U23s if he does well, he's the same age as Kadan Young, so not even first year scholar age until next season, last season playing for Rangers U18s he was playing a year up, most players his age would have still been playing U16 football.

If Archer goes out on loan it has crossed my mind we could potentially keep one of the other young strikers around, so either Barry, Young, or Caleb Chukwuemeka, as it would be nice to have one available to train with first team squad and to give game time to in cup competitions, which is kind of how Archer burst onto the scene last season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think last season taught me (and I’m mostly talking about Grealish and the Sam Lee debacle) that our ITK’s know nothing and the only people who have a slight indication are the more trusted Journalists (Collomoose, Percy, Ramano etc.).

This year they seem to be suggesting the focus is now a back up left back. If that’s the case I think people are going to be disappointed because they are expecting a world class number 8 and striker. The management team seem happy with ings and Watkins as our strikers, McGinn is likely to be captain next year and Ramsay is one of Gerrards favourites. So I’m more inclined to trust the journalists on this one. 

Although I’m massively in the camp of our starting XI is no where near good enough to compete with the likes of Arsenal/Spurs, I’m content that the signings we’ve made in the Gerrard era have been really good and we’re heading in the right direction. Think it’s gonna take time and patience.

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You’d imagine a starting striker, an upgrade to ollie and Ings will cost between 30-60 million. And then benches Ollie and Ings and forces a loan move for archer. I just see it being spent elsewhere atm. I suppose if we sell Davis, traore, trez and Ghazi we’ve lost a lot of attacking options so maybe there’s a need for it