Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It feels like this window the Big 6 are blowing everyone out of the water and we'll see a proper gap form next season between them and the rest.

I personally believe there is already a gap between the top 6 and everyone.   However there was so much inconsistency from all but the top 2 that there always going to be teams challenging for top 5 and 6 positions.   

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It feels like this window the Big 6 are blowing everyone out of the water and we'll see a proper gap form next season between them and the rest.

Spurs and City I agree. Liverpool the jury is out on whether they'll be better for losing Mane and getting Nunez in. Arsenal will be better swapping Lacazette for Jesus, probably. Marquinos is decent.

Chelsea and Man United haven't done anything yet

Edited by desensitized43
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Man Utd were closer in points to the relegation zone than they were to City.  The gulf between City/Liverpool are massive, but teams like Arsenal and United are there for the taking.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

I assume you were replying to my comment....

Even in a double pivot you don't generally want a true DCM playing next to a true DCM, you want a hybrid like Luiz for example.

I was just joking about all the double pivot chat from a couple of pages back mate.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Man Utd were closer in points to the relegation zone than they were to City.  The gulf between City/Liverpool are massive, but teams like Arsenal and United are there for the taking.

I agree to an extent… but Man Utd were basically awful last season and still finished 6th.

Personally, I don’t think they’ll be as bad this time round - and they couldn’t be passed even when there for the taking. 

21 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Let's see after the close of the transfer window.

Focus should be on catching West Ham, Brighton and Leicester first. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I agree to an extent… but Man Utd were basically awful last season and still finished 6th.

Personally, I don’t think they’ll be as bad this time round - and they couldn’t be passed even when there for the taking. 

They probably won't, Ten Hag is a decent manager so could turn things around. 

But 6 into four doesn't go, one or two of the 'big 6' will always have a bad season, United finished with 58 points last season, that's only three points more than our total in 202/21 of 55 and we finished 11th

57 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Tottenham putting their foot down for sure.

Hopefully Utd continue to be a bonfire they're the most at risk of being caught out by someone having a great season. So many average players.

I feel like we really need to go big on a midfielder this summer. It's a position that's been a huge weakness for us for years. Kamara will be a massive upgrade at defensive midfield, helping both the defense and central midfield; I just feel there's a real lack of quality in the number 8 role. If you look at Newcastle & Tottenham you can see the difference quality midfield signings can make.

I would quite happily move on Sanson as he is clearly not good enough from a managers perspective. This leaves us McGinn, Ramsey and Luiz as number 8 options; I feel as though Luiz will likely move on, although I would be keep for him to sign a deal as I feel he would improve massively in the number 8 role.

So options for that last midfield role, let's go big and get some real quality in even if breaking the bank is required. Obviously some of these players are only going to be interested in European football, but we've done well at selling the club to others already.

Mikel Merino - Unlikely as he's linked to City and Liverpool as their backup options to other deals. Hugely talented and worth a go.

Florian Neuhaus - Again linked to Liverpool. Young and would be expensive, but a huge talent for the future.

Fabian Ruiz - Linked to Arsenal who are now signing Viera, available for 25-30M. A proper midfielder who was linked to Newcastle in January.

Matheus Nunes - Linked with Everton and Wolves. A more achievable target, only 23 years old and already capped for Portugal. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Tottenham putting their foot down for sure.

Hopefully Utd continue to be a bonfire they're the most at risk of being caught out by someone having a great season. So many average players.

I think Spurs see a potential window here, Liverpool front 3 breaking up and maybe City distracted by the Champions League 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

I feel like we really need to go big on a midfielder this summer. It's a position that's been a huge weakness for us for years. Kamara will be a massive upgrade at defensive midfield, helping both the defense and central midfield; I just feel there's a real lack of quality in the number 8 role. If you look at Newcastle & Tottenham you can see the difference quality midfield signings can make.

I would quite happily move on Sanson as he is clearly not good enough from a managers perspective. This leaves us McGinn, Ramsey and Luiz as number 8 options; I feel as though Luiz will likely move on, although I would be keep for him to sign a deal as I feel he would improve massively in the number 8 role.

So options for that last midfield role, let's go big and get some real quality in even if breaking the bank is required. Obviously some of these players are only going to be interested in European football, but we've done well at selling the club to others already.

Mikel Merino - Unlikely as he's linked to City and Liverpool as their backup options to other deals. Hugely talented and worth a go.

Florian Neuhaus - Again linked to Liverpool. Young and would be expensive, but a huge talent for the future.

Fabian Ruiz - Linked to Arsenal who are now signing Viera, available for 25-30M. A proper midfielder who was linked to Newcastle in January.

Matheus Nunes - Linked with Everton and Wolves. A more achievable target, only 23 years old and already capped for Portugal. 

We should be all over this, available for £25m is a complete steal, could even straight swap for Luiz.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I think Spurs see a potential window here, Liverpool front 3 breaking up and maybe City distracted by the Champions League 

Pipping Arsenal to that 4th spot will change the next five/six years for them.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I can see Spurs finishing 3rd for sure, good signings and a world class manager.  Chelsea basically need a new defense so might take a couple season for them to get back to the top.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I agree the new 8 is key as we need someone who will be putting real pressure on Ramsiand McGinn. I think Luiz is off as we'll sell him rather than let him run his contract down. 

Sanson will likely be loaned out to get game time and increase his value having not had a good time over last 18 months. 

At a push Buendia and Coutinho can play 8 if we have injury problems. Sanson can get recalled then if needed. But we'll need Chukwuemeka to sign a new deal so we've four 8s in the squad.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

City - Haaland in, Phillips in potentially, Jesus and Fernandinho out

Liverpool - Nunez in, Mane out

Chelsea - No ins, Lukaku out

Spurs - Bissouma in

Arsenal - Couple of Portuguese coming in

Utd - No one wants to join them.

I don't think they are blowing anyone out of the water as of yet. Obviously that can change as we move further into the window

• Like 4

Just now, PeterSw said:

City - Haaland in, Phillips in potentially, Jesus and Fernandinho out

Liverpool - Nunez in, Mane out

Chelsea - No ins, Lukaku out

Spurs - Bissouma in

Arsenal - Couple of Portuguese coming in

Utd - No one wants to join them.

I don't think they are blowing anyone out of the water as of yet. Obviously that can change as we move further into the window

Made me laugh, this. 

So reductive 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1