Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bayern are bidding 20 million euros for him and looks like he wants to go there

Yeah most likely though being Gerrard was his big idol … one can but hope 

3 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Surprised no one has gone in for seiweld from Salzburg only 21 central midfielder, from what I’ve seen he’s only going to get better and be at at big team in a year or 2

It’s ridiculous how good their squad is and say what you will about Red Bull buying and rebranding clubs they’ve got their model spot on 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s brilliant, he won’t flop, I’d put good money on it, not that you’d trust my opinion 

Everyone said the same thing about Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Kagawa, Dembele, Sancho etc.
Lukaku was brilliant for Inter, Flopped for Chelsea. 

I still need see how he adopts. Hopefully he scores for fun

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think we will sign a young full back and another midfielder and will be the end of our business unless a major player exit 

I’d be very surprised if that’s it

32 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Everyone said the same thing about Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Kagawa, Dembele, Sancho etc.
Lukaku was brilliant for Inter, Flopped for Chelsea. 

I still need see how he adopts. Hopefully he scores for fun

Mkhitaryan was good for Man United I thought, same goes for Kagawa, which Dembele are you referring to there? Lukaku is still an excellent centre forward, he hasn’t become a bad player overnight, form is temporary, class is permanent 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’d be very surprised if that’s it

We still have 28/29 overage players on the books plus Young probably re-signing

We cant really afford to be carrying too many players. We brought in maybe 7 starters since last summer

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Arsenal appear to be doing superb business if all goes through Fabio Vieira and Gabriel Jesus 

Jèsus is awful. Couldn't score in that city team and offers very little. If they pay more than £20m for him they've been had. 

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I think we will sign a young full back and another midfielder and will be the end of our business unless a major player exit 

Me too, maybe get another body in towards the end of the window if the likes of KKH and archer aren't ready and go out on loan but in terms of before pre season a cover LB and a big signing CM will just about do it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Jèsus is awful. Couldn't score in that city team and offers very little. If they pay more than £20m for him they've been had. 

He has nearly 100 goals for them in 235 games, considering he doesnt start weekly thats a good goal return

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We still have 28/29 overage players on the books plus Young probably re-signing

We cant really afford to be carrying too many players. We brought in maybe 7 starters since last summer

I don’t disagree with that but if we are intending to progress and we are given we have brought in Gerrard, the owners aren’t willing to wait therefore I believe there will be more quality added this summer.  Now I just think fringe players will be sold/loaned out to reduce squad size and I’m less convinced a big player will leave now for a number of reasons including the five sub rule thatGerrard wants options and keep the players on the pitch on their toes.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t disagree with that but if we are intending to progress and we are given we have brought in Gerrard, the owners aren’t willing to wait therefore I believe there will be more quality added this summer.  Now I just think fringe players will be sold/loaned out to reduce squad size and I’m less convinced a big player will leave now for a number of reasons including the five sub rule thatGerrard wants options and keep the players on the pitch on their toes.

This will probably be our starting team next season and the bench options. At the moment we have enough as we wont be playing in Europe

Martinez

Cash Carlos Mings Digne

McGinn/???????   Kamara   Ramsey

Buendia  Coutinho

Watkins

Bench:

Bailey

McGinn

Sanson

Ings

Archer/Davis

Olsen

New left back

Konsa

Chambers

Chukwuemeka

Young

Nakamba

20 minutes ago, villa89 said:

13 goals 12 assists is pretty decent 

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

We need to sign some of the best up and coming talents ages 20-23 that are good enough  for our first team. Like Kouadio Kone, Merlin etc. 

You mean like...

Boubacar Kamara?

The **** do you think they've been doing this whole time?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Jèsus is a real talent. Scored and assisted at a very good return in that city team and offers plenty off the bench or when starting. If they pay £20m for him they've turned their appaling recent transfer business on its head with the reported deals they have lined up. 

Fixed what was a questionable post at best. 

53 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Arsenal appear to be doing superb business if all goes through Fabio Vieira and Gabriel Jesus potentially 😒 we need one of these types of bernardo silva/modric types in the midfield 🙇🏼

Pirlo is only 43, could be an impact sub in the last 2 mins of a game?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This will probably be our starting team next season and the bench options. At the moment we have enough as we wont be playing in Europe

Martinez

Cash Carlos Mings Digne

McGinn/???????   Kamara   Ramsey

Buendia  Coutinho

Watkins

Bench:

Bailey

McGinn

Sanson

Ings

Archer/Davis

Olsen

New left back

Konsa

Chambers

Chukwuemeka

Young

Nakamba

I think Archer will go back on loan, Davis sold.  Sanson isn’t getting a look in so will likely leave if an offer comes in but doesn’t look like he’ll get game time.  

I think we’ll bring in a left back, a midfielder, a striker and another.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I don’t think we’ll sign a new striker 

Thanks. That's interesting. Can you tell me, is there a broad consensus about this, or is this more your own educated guess (not that it would be any less valid, etc.), or both? Just trying to understand how/why transfer strategies and outcomes are evolving. I find it kind of bewildering.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Thanks. That's interesting. Can you tell me, is there a broad consensus about this, or is this more your own educated guess (not that it would be any less valid, etc.), or both? Just trying to understand how/why transfer strategies and outcomes are evolving. I find it kind of bewildering.

I dont think we are actively in for a striker unless we sell Ings or Watkins. Has not been in any links to forwards recently except the Uruguayan sewer rat

• Thanks 1

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

Thanks. That's interesting. Can you tell me, is there a broad consensus about this, or is this more your own educated guess (not that it would be any less valid, etc.), or both? Just trying to understand how transfer strategies and outcomes are evolving. 

I think it was Matt Maher who’s very reliable mentioned the fact we may sign a forward, and didn’t highlight it as a priority. He’s also said we’ve no intention of selling Ings.  And personally I just think between Ollie Ings and now archer Gerrard will be content with those options. Centre mid and left back cover are more important imo

• Thanks 1