Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Good. Vastly overrated player whom Utd would be glad to get rid of. Wouldn’t want any current Man U player.

Shockingly few man Utd players who I would actually want. For the first time probably in my lifetime I wouldn't swap our squad for theirs

• Like 3

I’m not convinced I know what kind of player Rashford is, never mind whether he’s the “elite striker” we should sign to push us onto the next level. 

He needs to go somewhere where he would fulfil a specific need and make that position his own, I don’t think that club is Aston Villa.

Still, none of the strikers mentioned as realistic targets in this thread have me sitting up and taking notice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Yeah see, that's far too much of a gamble IMO. He has been properly poor in the PL, and that's for Chelsea.

They're already having to eat shit over Lukaku this summer and are likely taking a massive loss there. Don't think they'll be keen to lose Werner at a loss as well.

His wages are probably nearly double anyone at Villa as well. 

We'd have to sell it to him as come and get that Germany #1 striker spot. Wouldn't want to pay more than £25m this summer. But £50m could look a bargain after a great season and maybe world cup.

He’s worth more than 25, I’d happily pay 35m with add on’s taking it up to the figure they paid.

1 hour ago, WHY said:

At no point did I say Watkins was a better player, just pointing out he has got to double figures in his first 2 PL seasons and a lot of fans don’t think he’s good enough. 

I was originally responding to someone who suggested when Rashford was back on it he would score more than Jesus. 

In the first post I replied to you said “Watkins is better” I assumed that’s what you meant. 

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Massive pinch of salt, I don’t see what’s in it for him to move to turkey 

The draw of Turkey Teeth and Gastric Bypass surgery are too much of a draw for some🤣

23 hours ago, RicRic said:

Im aware its not ronaldos first season but whats does that matter? Its neither ings or watkins 1st season too… also part of finishing 14th was our poor finishing… we have addressed a defensive issue with diego carlos and Boubacar kamara in midfield now its time to address the final part

First season under new manager, first season as a pair, first season for Ings at the club……..

Patience is a virtue, would you have got rid of Ramsey after his average showing last year, or Archer after an OK season at Solihull Moors?

Disposable society at its finest, don’t coach, cut and slash! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

Jesus although WHEN Rashford gets back on it he will score more.

Was Rashford ever at it. Jesus has more career goals and are same age and probably started less games

As for Werner I wouldn't touch him as he needed many chances to score at Leipzig but also as Chelsea have not discovered he is better out wide than as the main striker..... Poulsen made the space for him at Leipzig 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

As for Werner I wouldn't touch him as he needed many chances to score at Leipzig but also as Chelsea have not discovered he is better out wide than as the main striker..... Poulsen made the space for him at Leipzig 

His movement is actually very good, he just doesn’t have the end product.

17 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

His movement is actually very good, he just doesn’t have the end product.

His movement is great, he just cant finish consistently. If he swapped clubs with Sterling his record would look great as City get more chances

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

The big pinch of salt is precisely because Turkish clubs have no money at the moment. Or are Fenerbache different?

Lol. When's that ever stopped clubs buying players?

6 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Right footed but can play as either LCB or RCB.

Am I the only one who is strangely awkward about CBs playing on their respective preferred " Foot"

No technical or proven basis, just seems better in my brain for balance.