Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

5 hours ago, HKP90 said:

It's interesting seeing this, mainly because when I grew up everything was based on a 4-4-2.

I'm not saying I disagree with it, it makes more sense given current tactics and I use those numbers myself now, but when I grew up 9 and 10 were both strikers, 11 and 7 were wingers, and 6 and 8 were both CMs. The most you would say about the roles of the Central midfield pairing would be that one would be a box to box, or a 'midfield general' (which I'm sure was a euphemism for being a bit of a dirty B'tard). It's a lot more nuanced now. 

That said......it says 'soccer' on your drawing. Bleurgh.    

It comes from the old classic formation 2-3-5

2 3 (full back, hence the name full)

4 5 6 (half back - why 6 is the DM and people call centre back ‘centre half’)

7 8 9 10 11 (why 9 is the centre forward)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is Tyler adams worth a look at - versatile and reportedly available and if taking targets from Leipzig more realistic sadly than Laimer

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Milinkovic Savic?

Yep. Unlikely/difficult but would be a statement of intent and seriously demonstrate our ambitions. 

Class player who surprisingly has remained at Lazio for a while despite being linked with big moves away almost every season. 

It would be great if we could manage to make that kind of move in the market and he would enhance our midfield immensely.

Takes a mean free kick too.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Is Tyler adams worth a look at - versatile and reportedly available and if taking targets from Leipzig more realistic sadly than Laimer

Feel like I'm the only American soccer fan in existence not to think he's anything special. Limited range as a passer, and doesn't offer a whole lot else. Could live with him as a squad option, but wouldn't want him as somebody we rely on weekly.

3 hours ago, RicRic said:

Just checked that Tolisso has been injured more than sturridge its a no from me but arsenal and united are linked apparently 

Can't say I was that impressed with him when he was regular for France in world cup 2018, very much the weak link in that 11.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

We need a passing midfielder in there, last season only Luiz could get the ball to Coutinho, Buendia. McGinn and Ramsey arent that good at passing through midfield though Ramsey could improve that 

Kamara might help but I would be comfortable with a player who can pass now

Ironic this summer Ward-Prowse would suit us down to the ground whereas I wasn't convinced about him 12 months back.

Had a good season, hit pretty much double figures in league but unless he has release clause would likely cost stupid amount given the new deal he penned after all the speculation.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Yep think he'd be good in prem and is better all round midfielder than Weston McKennie. Very rarely scores though if people want a midfielder who can chip in with a few.

59 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yep. Unlikely/difficult but would be a statement of intent and seriously demonstrate our ambitions. 

Class player who surprisingly has remained at Lazio for a while despite being linked with big moves away almost every season. 

It would be great if we could manage to make that kind of move in the market and he would enhance our midfield immensely.

Takes a mean free kick too.

Pretty sure he has two years left on his deal so surely Lazio will cash in as would be amazed if he signs another.

Fulham were actually linked a few weeks back to him!

2 hours ago, macandally said:

You do realise this isn’t Ronaldo’s first season in the Premiership right?

Part of finishing 14th was poor defending, poor/slack decision making in the midfield, some goal keeping errors.  Where do we stop, selling  people every time there is a mistake?

We have two England Strikers and an U21 prodigy on the books, it’s not small time, it’s giving Gerrard and staff a preseason to get them firing.

Im aware its not ronaldos first season but whats does that matter? Its neither ings or watkins 1st season too… also part of finishing 14th was our poor finishing… we have addressed a defensive issue with diego carlos and Boubacar kamara in midfield now its time to address the final part