Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Bit weird. I take back what I said..

That's ok at least you recommended Sangare (someone I said we should sign 2 summers ago before he went to PSV) and Aouar

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

what midfielders are we likely to go after, now Bissouma is no longer available 

We need a passing midfielder in there, last season only Luiz could get the ball to Coutinho, Buendia. McGinn and Ramsey arent that good at passing through midfield though Ramsey could improve that 

Kamara might help but I would be comfortable with a player who can pass now

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We need a passing midfielder in there, last season only Luiz could get the ball to Coutinho, Buendia. McGinn and Ramsey arent that good at passing through midfield though Ramsey could improve that 

Kamara might help but I would be comfortable with a player who can pass now

It would be easier to recommend a midfielder if we knew how he wanted to set the three up

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Conor Gallagher all day for me. He'd probably be a record signing for us but based on last season it would be pretty low risk compared to the others. 

Same although I’d love Zinchenko too. Haven’t seen the others play but they are fancy names from Europe so must be good.

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

It would be easier to recommend a midfielder if we knew how he wanted to set the three up

I agree though I think we will be sticking with McGinn for the season, can see us offering him a new deal as well soon

6 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Yeah I'm starting to get it :D From what I can see though, by this metric Harry Kane is one of the worst finishers in Europe with a non penalty xG of 17.1 this season and 13 goals...

I think most people on here would take Kane up front.

This season is the first time Kane has finished below his xG since they started tracking it (publicly) in 2017-18. He's still scored 105 goals on 90.9 xG. He's pretty established as a well above-average striker from both the eyes and the numbers.

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

Would Laimer be available? I know he was heavily linked with Bayern, but seeing that Bayern have confirmed Gravenberch would you think they will stop trying to sign Laimer?

Bayern are a team of tradition and culture. That tradition and culture is weakening your opposition by taking the best players

If they dont need him they will steal sign him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bayern are a team of tradition and culture. That tradition and culture is weakening your opposition by taking the best players

If they dont need him they will steal sign him

I agree that's how they operate, however I was thinking he'd be available if they are also spending majority of their budget on Mane as well? Maybe they'll stop chasing Laimar

Has anyone thought about whether we might look at offering Andriy Yarmolenko a contract now that West Ham have let him go? He is admittedly the wrong side of 29, but he still looks very good when playing for Ukraine and could offer us another forward option coming off the bench imo, should the likes of Anwar, Trez, Bert, Keinan and possibly Leon leave in this window?

• Haha 1