Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m of the opinion that Gerrard was at that PSV game on a scouting opinion. I don’t buy he was there for any other reason. God knows if it was for Sangare or Madueke or anyone else for that matter, but I think we were looking at somebody. 

Type Sangare into Google and apparently all the top clubs are after him. Obviously might not be true but if it is, I can’t imagine he’d come here.

I forgot he was at a PSV game but I think we were also playing Leicester the following week in the league 

7 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

It’s hard to disagree, I don’t think we’ve a worse squad than West Ham for example. I do think we’re a CM away from it being more realistic, 7th has to be the aim 

And a back up LB and then I will be confident of a top half finish and a decent run for Europe

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

I see no one is being linked which is why people are talking about signing a player who wouldn’t sign for us, doesn’t fit the wage structure and doesn’t solve a problem for us.

Might make us less of a soft touch 

spacer.png

But yeah, we’re not signing him 😆

I want Milinkovic Savic!! 

3 hours ago, A'Villan said:

You're most likely right but I just want to air my opinion that any manager would be foolish to overlook a formation just because it's not what they've done previously. 

You're the one who is foolish though. Gerrard is set on a flat 3 in midfield or a diamond. This is because the full backs are attacking players and the LM and RM cover the space behind them in our attack shape. This is not possible with a double pivot. The sheer number of positional and role changes required between a 4 3 2 1 / 4 3 1 2 and the 4 2 3 1 are significant, wide forwards, no 8s, both full backs can't be part of the attacking 5 etc.. 

People want discussion on players we might sign, who fit into the system and style of play Gerrard wants us to play. 

40 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

That was to come here on loan initially.

It was also reported he took a huge cut when he signed permanently. He’s on around £140k IIRC.

41 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

How do you know? 

Philippe Coutinho agreed to a whopping 70 per cent pay cut to seal a transfer to Aston Villa from Barcelona.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/philippe-coutinho-took-a-70-per-cent-pay-cut-to-join-aston-villa-20220513.amp.html

6 minutes ago, jim said:

It was also reported he took a huge cut when he signed permanently. He’s on around £140k IIRC.

I think he took a pay cut but we gave him an extra year on his contract so he isnt missing out that much financially

18 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

You're the one who is foolish though. Gerrard is set on a flat 3 in midfield or a diamond. This is because the full backs are attacking players and the LM and RM cover the space behind them in our attack shape. This is not possible with a double pivot. The sheer number of positional and role changes required between a 4 3 2 1 / 4 3 1 2 and the 4 2 3 1 are significant, wide forwards, no 8s, both full backs can't be part of the attacking 5 etc.. 

People want discussion on players we might sign, who fit into the system and style of play Gerrard wants us to play. 

That is your point of view.

Fwiw it's great you have identified what our strengths and approaches will be under Gerrard, I take nothing away from that in my comments.

I'm not here to appease or appeal to what others want or think. I'm simply sharing what I think on a matter because I think it has some validity or value. I'm yet to see anything from your end as to how I am foolish unless it's suggested because I have overlooked the way Gerrard intends to play in making my remarks, which would be an assumption your end.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Reading that article seems like they are making an assumption that if we buy another forward it’ll push Ings into third in line and thus Villa will obviously listen to offers.  Maybe right, maybe wrong, just feels like they had a deadline and so wrote anything.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, beachboys1 said:

have you heard something then

😉I'm sitting at the beach drinking a Sangaree

14 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Ings, Chambers and Carlos. I think he got Martinez and Barkley a while ago too but maybe I'm confusing him with someone else

You been following me closely 😉

Edited by messi11
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Adman said:

Club open to selling someone as long as they get enough money and can replace them with someone better - EXCLUSIVE

Right, but you don’t actually seek out a new striker if you’re happy with the current options—that’s the point.

1 hour ago, jim said:

The great bastion of truth, sportbible.

Hasn’t it been reported that we’re paying Kamara over 200k per week and we think we’re going to pay Philippe Coutinho less?