Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I’d prefer a striker who has the slightest understanding of the offside rule.

Tbh I think Watkins is the worse out of the 2 for being offside

Werner is basically an advanced Ollie. Faster, better touch, better technique...but equally as braindead at times. I definitely wouldn't say no to him. I'd rather an advanced Danny Ings though, or a return of 19/20 Ings.

2 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Harry Winks is available. Thoughts?

Feel like DS would've been all over this guy if Luiz was going given he does similar job.

Does feel like an Everton signing on 12 month loan deal. Perhaps Southampton aswell if they lose Ward Prowse.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

This is ridiculous. He was the standout player in a World Cup winning team. The only thing he has in common with Balotelli are the eccentric haircuts.

He didn't get on with Ole and whatever Rangnick was supposed to be, but that's hardly hardly a blight on what has been a great career so far. He was great under Mourinho, world class at Juve and for France. 

Mourinho never wanted him but Solskjaer always believed in him. Was his youth coach 

Ferguson was spot on about him

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Werner is basically an advanced Ollie. Faster, better touch, better technique...but equally as braindead at times. I definitely wouldn't say no to him. I'd rather an advanced Danny Ings though, or a return of 19/20 Ings.

I do like Werner.

Honestly, an " advanced Ollie " with better touch and technique, isn't a bad thing. 

I've seen people say similar about Jonathan David.

I still think Ings has it in him though.

It's just been an indifferent season for many.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I do like Werner.

Honestly, an " advanced Ollie " with better touch and technique, isn't a bad thing. 

I've seen people say similar about Jonathan David.

I still think Ings has it in him though.

It's just been an indifferent season for many.

But Werner doesn’t have good technique, that bit was lacking even back at Leipzig. He’s also underperforming his xG something brutal and after a while it can’t all be explained with bad luck.

I’m sure Chelsea would like to upgrade on him but that will be difficult considering the wages they decided to give him. Spotrac says he has £272k per week which is more than Salah, Kane etc, so he’s not going anywhere even on loan unless Chelsea decides to cover half his wages or so.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

werner's biggest problem is he's mentally shot

we arent the club for him

Yeah I agree, he needs to go to one of the ‘weaker’ European leagues and bang in goals for fun, maybe Ligue 1 or something and get his confidence back.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Left backs - what do people think of Brandon Williams?  Already has 47 premier league appearances and is only 21.

Not on his wages, no way!

Now Targett has gone it's clear we'll be getting a Left Back in next.

Bassey seems the most obvious link - but can't see us sanctioning a £25m fee for a backup. But those quoted prices are there to be negotiated I suppose.

Hickey we've been linked to for so long it would make sense but think his profile has grown that his price will be higher than the £15m quoted last year.... And if he does move as a backup, it'll probably be to a European team with more games and therefore more chances. Arsenal with Tierneys injury history makes perfect sense.

Sergio Gomez was mentioned as some one we've scouted but nothing more than that.

Quentin Merlin was linked and debunked by two journos within a day. But he appears to be a good option too.

Is there anyone else? With just those 4 options I'd be thinking Hickey>Bassey>Merlin>Gomez would be my preferred order

Edited by HalfTimePost

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Left backs - what do people think of Brandon Williams?  Already has 47 premier league appearances and is only 21.

60k a week seems a bit much but he could cover right and left back. He's not too bad. I wouldn't say no to a financially favourable loan.

9 hours ago, AV82 said:

I'd rather every member of VT past and present flick me in the balls than have us sign Harry Winks.

I want us to sign Harry Winks just so we can all do this.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

60k a week seems a bit much but he could cover right and left back. He's not too bad. I wouldn't say no to a financially favourable loan.

He’d only come on loan if he thought he’d get significant game time, that is unlikely with Digne being number one.  He’s got more chance of regular first team football elsewhere.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He’d only come on loan if he thought he’d get significant game time, that is unlikely with Digne being number one.  He’s got more chance of regular first team football elsewhere.

That's true. I still wouldn't mind him as cover theoretically in a financially beneficial deal. Probably a lot of factors make it a non-starter though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Harry Winks is available. Thoughts?

Overhyped “young” (now 25/26 I believe) English midfielder who happens to play for a fashionable London team. Never seen what he really offers, 18 starts for them in the last 2 years sums it up

• Like 1