Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Gallagher and Broja would immediately improve the team. 2 young players with bright futures who can be developed by our coaching staff and will get a lot of minutes for us. I was impressed with what I saw of Broja last season and i reckon Coutinho and Buendia would be able to create a lot of chances for him

37 minutes ago, useless said:

Reports are saying that Gallagher, Broja, and Colwill all considering their Chelsea future if they're only going to be bit part players next season. Gallager will want regular game time, not just the odd sub appearance here and there.

Gallagher needs regular game time to get into the England squad for World Cup

If we want Gallagher we need to really concince him he'll be getting lots of game time. Can't see him getting much game time ahead of Ramsey and can't see him replacing McGinn, unless we sell him.

If we go with the two 10s that's going to be Coutinho and Buendia surely. If we only have one,  it will be one of those two behind two strikers

Don't see where he fits in the first team as I don't see Gerrard dropping McGinn. Can Gallagher even play the role McGinn does for us?

Just now, MrBlack said:

If we want Gallagher we need to really concince him he'll be getting lots of game time. Can't see him getting much game time ahead of Ramsey and can't see him replacing McGinn, unless we sell him.

If we go with the two 10s that's going to be Coutinho and Buendia surely. If we only have one,  it will be one of those two behind two strikers

Don't see where he fits in the first team as I don't see Gerrard dropping McGinn. Can Gallagher even play the role McGinn does for us?

Gallagher is a better player than McGinn. There isn't a massive gap, but he's definitely better and he's 3/4 years younger too. If you offered me a straight swap - McGinn for Gallagher, I'd snap your hand off. I'd argue he was better than Ramsey actually. 
Problem is, he isn't defensive, and I still think that's what we need. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MrBlack said:

He'll probably play in the league and fa cups too. 

He's at a level where he's comfortably good enough to play for a team that gets to the quarter finals of those competitions, and the experience and composure he brings will raise the level of any youth players he's playing with in those games.

He'd have been a great option for us to avoid us buying a lot of other backup options, that would have to accept being replaced by some of our youth team in a year's time. Would have been perfect for us but alas not to be. 

He's the wrong side of 29 for me.:D He was a very good player with us, but I think that we look back to his days with us, a lot more than he does or wants to. We can now put aside any thoughts of him coming back and look at players that we can get and that want to come.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Gallagher is a better player than McGinn. There isn't a massive gap, but he's definitely better and he's 3/4 years younger too. If you offered me a straight swap - McGinn for Gallagher, I'd snap your hand off. I'd argue he was better than Ramsey actually. 

I agree we need a defensive partner for Kamara more than anything else, unless we convince Luiz to extend.

Also agree that he's probably better than McGinn, but not in the role we play McGinn in currently.  I'd still swap the two of them like you though. 

Not sure if he's better than Ramsey or not, England call up would suggest so, but wouldn't expect him to immediately replace him in our starting line up.

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No chance Gallagher replaces McGinn, it would mean dropping Ramsey which I can't see happening.  If McGinn leaves and we signed Gallagher to replace him, our midfield 3 would have an average age of 22

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

No chance Gallagher replaces McGinn, it would mean dropping Ramsey which I can't see happening.  If McGinn leaves and we signed Gallagher to replace him, our midfield 3 would have an average age of 22

I know peoples feelings on this, and WHY they might fee that way.

However, it's not beyond the realms of possibilities that McGinn can get dropped, if we have a player better than him in his position?

It's about strength in depth no?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

However, it's not beyond the realms of possibilities that McGinn can get dropped, if we have a player better than him in his position?

I can't see SG starting games with Kamara (22), Ramsey (21) and Gallagher (22) as the midfield three, he wants experience.  Gallagher would end up rotating with Ramsey.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

But McGinn plays relatively deep lying for us. That isn't Gallaghers role. Tbh, it shouldn't be McGinn's either, but we've stuck with it for so long I would be surprised if we change it next season. 

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He is. It's just the positions that he does this work in are not defensive positions. His stats in winning the ball back, pressures, successful pressures in the attacking 3rd are among the best in the 5 best leagues in Europe. His attacking stats also. Just go to fbref -> Conor Gallagher -> scouting report, and look at all the shiny green bars.

He wins a lot of ball further up the pitch which is what we really lack. One aspect of the game in which I want to see Ramsey improve this season. He is ahead of both McGinn and Ramsey IMO at the moment and if we would get him he would transform the midfield.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 2

Shame the Turkish clubs will struggle to buy any players from European clubs as the Turkish Currency is collapsing so everything costs their clubs over double what it would last summer. Takes out a player in market for Trez