Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

14 minutes ago, messi11 said:

If we go into the new season with the same midfield + Kamara I'd not just be worried but i'd be very very worried.

You're always worried.  Lighten up.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, messi11 said:

If we go into the new season with the same midfield + Kamara I'd not just be worried but i'd be very very worried.

Were going nowhere if that's the case.

• Like 1

We haven't finished our transfers, I can see us signing another ten plus players, Gerrard himself has said some of the deals they were able to get done early, others will take longer and will come closer to the deadline.

Once we signed Kamara the Bissouma transfer always felt unlikely to me, we've got Kamara, Luiz, Nakamba, and Iroegbunam than can all play as the DM, people say Bissouma is No.8, but if we're going to sign a midfielder for that position would prefer someone with more attacking talent than Bissouma, can pretty much guarantee wherever he ends up he will be playing as a six.

Also we never seem to sign players that we're constantly linked to, it's usually players that have been briefly mentioned, or not mentioned at all, and I can see that theme continuing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, useless said:

We haven't finished our transfers, I can see us signing another ten plus players, Gerrard himself has said some of the deals they were able to get done early, others will take longer and will come closer to the deadline.

Once we signed Kamara the Bissouma transfer always felt unlikely to me, we've got Kamara, Luiz, Nakamba, and Iroegbunam than can all play as the DM, people say Bissouma is No.8, but if we're going to sign a midfielder for that position would prefer someone with more attacking talent than Bissouma, can pretty much guarantee wherever he ends up he will be playing as a six.

Also we never seem to sign players that we're constantly linked to, it's usually players that have been briefly mentioned, or not mentioned at all, and I can see that theme continuing.

10+ players...............is that their ages?

We won't be signing another 5 let alone 10

• Like 3

Just now, mykeyb said:

10+ players...............is that their ages?

We won't be signing another 5 let alone 10

Totally agree.  Another 2 or 3 of real quality at the most now I reckon.  

• Like 1

We will be signing at least another three no danger, then there's potential for a few more depending on sales, then we will signing players for the U18s, Wilson and Simpson look likely and I think there's a very good chance we will see a few more in that age range, and I also think it's probable that we will be signing a few slightly older academy players to go straight into the U23 team.

11 minutes ago, useless said:

We will be signing at least another three no danger, then there's potential for a few more depending on sales, then we will signing players for the U18s, Wilson and Simpson look likely and I think there's a very good chance we will see a few more in that age range, and I also think it's probable that we will be signing a few slightly older academy players to go straight into the U23 team.

I’m suspecting we having no more incomings, until we shift the bomb squad 

I've wondered if we might go for Rico Richards from West Brom, one of their better academy products, similar age to Barry and Iroegbunam, so would be one for the U23s, also plays as a No.10, so would suit us if we want the younger age groups to play same system as first team, off the top of my head I don't think we have any real No.10s in our U23 team or U18s, which might be why we've been linked to Sonny Perkins.

Whether we sign Richards or not, probably not, I think there's a good chance we will be making a few signings similar to the Iroegbunam transfer from last summer, as once you take away the players likely to be released, players likely to go out on loan, then there are probably going to be gaps in the U23 team that will need filling.

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I miss henri Lansbury. 

Like every aspect of AVFC since NSWE bought us, We are improving the quality of our bomb squad. Sanson, Targett, Guilbert and Traore are much better quality than the likes of Micah and Henri

• Like 1