Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

They’re not at all impressed with the Villa links on their forum…here’s my favourite two so far…

One bad season from us and you really think our best player who loves the club would be excited by moving to Villa!?
Is it because of the incredible managerial prowess of slippy or the fact you’ve blown 25-30m a piece on a few 30 year olds recently?

You couldnt afford his left toe you little tinpot club

I didn’t want him before, now I want him just for the p*** it will boil! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I didn’t want him before, now I want him just for the p*** it will boil! 

I do find it odd that they’re convinced we wouldn’t have a chance of getting him. If we can afford it, which we may not be able to without selling Luiz, Targett and one of Ings or Watkins, then we’d get him.

We may not have European football, but that didn’t stop Carlos, Kamara and Coutinho joining - two of which are Brazilian. 

If we want Richarlison and have the means to do the deal, I could see it happening. Personally, I can’t see it. 

Brentford showed the importance of a good backup keeper this season. When Raya got a long term injury it quickly became clear their nr 2 was nowhere near good enough, and they tried loans and things while falling down the table.

Eriksen was obviously the biggest factor for turning their season around but Raya returning was huge too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Brentford showed the importance of a good backup keeper this season. When Raya got a long term injury it quickly became clear their nr 2 was nowhere near good enough, and they tried loans and things while falling down the table.

Eriksen was obviously the biggest factor for turning their season around but Raya returning was huge too.

We know this too…Nyland/Reina. Martinez is managing a long term complaint and with the World Cup coming up, I can foresee that he will prioritise his fitness for Argentina over his fitness for Villa. The Man City game being an example of this, Gerrard said he would have played him, but the medical staff (presumably led by Emi’s own reports of pain) said he wasn’t fit. Yet I still think we’ll see him at this pointless finalissima game.

My point being, I agree we need a good number 2 as I think we will see them used more than normal. I would like Foster.

Hickey too expensive is a shame he was £15m the last couple Windows allegedly. Will end up at Arsenal now.

Bassey has been quoted at £25m. So will be interesting to see how that fits in with us only really wanting a backup.

Anyone got a subscription to see what other youngsters were mentioned?

Edited by HalfTimePost

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Yeah he basically says we need to look to move on attacking players now before getting a player in. Davis, Traore, Bailey, Ings all open to the right offers. AEG, Trez & Targett need moving on too.

I think the club are right about Hickey being too expensive at £20+ for a player who will struggle to get ahead of Digne. This young Sergio Gomez has seriously good attacking stats for Anderlecht.

Bissouma might still be a target but won't overpay. Seems like Brighton might wait till late in the window on that to get maximum value and hinder rival clubs a bit. 

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Hickey too expensive is a shame he was £15m the last couple Windows allegedly. Will end up at Arsenal now.

Bassey has been quoted at £25m. So will be interesting to see how that fits in with us only really wanting a backup.

Anyone got a subscription to see what other youngsters were mentioned?

Just those three, Hickey now £20m+, Bassey still of interest as can play two positions. Sergio Gomez might be a cheaper option to Bassey. So seems like we're weighing up the cost of Bassey vs Gomez. 

Says Gerrard wants 3 more signings. A LB, a midfielder and a Forward. Won't overpay for Bissouma now CDM is solved with Kamara

3 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

He's being spoken about because he just said he would be happy to be a number 2 at a club like Villa or Arsenal because he could still mentor the younger number 1 at those clubs.

Agree re: Olsen, personally it irks me when a keeper doesn't dive and just watches a goal go in, even if it is true that he had no chance of reaching or stopping it. 

He is close to Cutler as well since they worked together before and recently had separate interviews with him and Emi

Could see people criticizing his podcast if results are bad 🙄😂

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

This young Sergio Gomez has seriously good attacking stats for Anderlecht.

he was an attacking midfielder at dortmund! struggled to break through there and ended up at anderlecht, potential a few years back was massive and it just hasnt happened for him

anderlecht seem to have a few players who aren't living up to their potential, Kana has gone very quiet, verschaeren has a tenuous link to ac milan, zirkee who was on loan there last year has no future at bayern

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Also says we’re unlikely to get Phillips (think we all know that) but we like the idea of taking a top player off a rival. This could all be Gregg daydreaming in his bedroom though.

Hit the nail on the head.  We know from history that Gregg Evans knows very little and he just mugs a living about Villa.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

We know this too…Nyland/Reina. Martinez is managing a long term complaint and with the World Cup coming up, I can foresee that he will prioritise his fitness for Argentina over his fitness for Villa. The Man City game being an example of this, Gerrard said he would have played him, but the medical staff (presumably led by Emi’s own reports of pain) said he wasn’t fit. Yet I still think we’ll see him at this pointless finalissima game.

Its not pointless in South America or to Emi. Argentinians are pumped for this game

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its not pointless in South America or to Emi. Argentinians are pumped for this game

True but pointless for us and it’s us that had to lose him for a game so he was fit for this one. My point being if he’s going to prioritise Argentina over Villa (and history would say he is) then we need a reliable back up. That Evans article would suggest we’re set on Olsen.