Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Richarlison plays the majority of games as an attacker, not a winger...?

Therefore it might be odd to suggest he will be vying with Bailey for a place in the side.

He'll be occupying one of the spaces currently held by Ings or Watkins.

One of the Villa lads I communicate with often says, an Argentinean journo mate told him the following:

‘No, Alvarez didnt say no. Aston Villa should have paid £17M release clause to River Plate and then would’ve started negotiations with player.’

I reckon we've really missed a trick here?

Trying to remember who we signed " instead " in that window?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn’t Everton once turn down a massive bid from Barcelona? Or am I thinking of someone else? 

I’d like Richarlson but can’t see it happening. Also quite surprised how many fans on here like the sound of us signing him. I’d have thought his antics would have put a lot of people off, 

Was that for him, or for Joelinton?

I always used to get them mixed up. Lol

Edit: A quick Google says you're correct. 85 mill bid. Wow!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

One of the Villa lads I communicate with often says, an Argentinean journo mate told him the following:

‘No, Alvarez didnt say no. Aston Villa should have paid £17M release clause to River Plate and then would’ve started negotiations with player.’

In January 2021?

Only Sanson in that window, think that's when we were first linked. As you say we missed out possibly?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Everytime someone makes a post with 2 holding midfielders a puppy dies.

Would take Richarlison but I hate his face.

I hated Wyness’s face and look what happened there.  It’s something to be wary of.

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He was excellent for Burnley and Southampton, I was expecting him to take that form in to our team but it just hasn’t happened like that. Flop is a bit harsh perhaps but he’s at an age where he’s only going to decline. Nick76, you’re always quick to put down one of my posts. Our fans were so excited when we first signed him, me included but he just hasn’t performed to his maximum. He also doesn’t give 100% for the team in my opinion, when I watch him, he doesn’t bust a gut, he just ambles and he’s here for one last pay day

I don't want to get too far away from the current transfer window, but I couldn't disagree more. He had more goal contributions per 90 minutes than anyone else on the team, even Coutinho. If he had been an automatic starter, his totals would have been higher. As for not giving 100%, I've seen him tracking back and defending around our box many times.

• Like 2

I can't see us signing Richarlison...but it would be funny if we signed Digne and Richarlison, a France international and a Brazil international, from them in back-to-back windows. Would that make Everton our feeder club? LOL

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That is brutal reading. 

1 hour ago, TomC said:

I don't want to get too far away from the current transfer window, but I couldn't disagree more. He had more goal contributions per 90 minutes than anyone else on the team, even Coutinho. If he had been an automatic starter, his totals would have been higher. As for not giving 100%, I've seen him tracking back and defending around our box many times.

7 goals in 30 Premier League matches, less than 1 in 4, for me, it’s a poor return for an experienced Premier League striker that cost £25m. No such thing as an automatic starter, we have competition for places now in our squad 

2 hours ago, MellbergsBeard said:

I’d take Foster on a free over signing Olson 

I agree with this.  Question is whether Foster would want to be a number two.  He's still a good goalkeeper and would probably start for most clubs in the lower half of the table..... Olsen doesn't inspire any confidence for me, but if he's the best we can get we just keep our fingers crossed that Emi stays fit.... 

1 hour ago, FLVillan said:

I agree with this.  Question is whether Foster would want to be a number two.  He's still a good goalkeeper and would probably start for most clubs in the lower half of the table..... Olsen doesn't inspire any confidence for me, but if he's the best we can get we just keep our fingers crossed that Emi stays fit.... 

He's being spoken about because he just said he would be happy to be a number 2 at a club like Villa or Arsenal because he could still mentor the younger number 1 at those clubs.

Agree re: Olsen, personally it irks me when a keeper doesn't dive and just watches a goal go in, even if it is true that he had no chance of reaching or stopping it. 

41 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

He's being spoken about because he just said he would be happy to be a number 2 at a club like Villa or Arsenal because he could still mentor the younger number 1 at those clubs.

Agree re: Olsen, personally it irks me when a keeper doesn't dive and just watches a goal go in, even if it is true that he had no chance of reaching or stopping it. 

Lol surely if the keeper knows there is no chance of stopping a shot it makes sense not to dive for it so if somehow it rebounds out the keeper could possibly get to the rebound or be ready to attempt to save a follow up shot?

Plus saves energy too.

• Like 1

Why do people keep saying Ings will be used as a swap for Bissouma? Has that been linked at all? How often do clubs actually swap players (yes I know we were stupid enough to do so with Ireland but that says more about the club at the time).

Personally don’t think we want Bissouma, or at least he isn’t our first choice. 

44 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Ah, gotcha.  I didn't know that.  No-brainer to bring him in then if he wants to come.... This scenario made me think about Tom Heaton.  Did he play any minutes for ManUre this past season?